Owls are one of the most popular birds to crochet. They have large heads and expressive eyes, making them ideal for amigurumi projects. These owls are made even more lovable with bright colors, cute accessories, and dapper hats. Some have wings, some have feet, and some can fly! This collection of patterns gives you a wide variety of options to choose from. Owls are undeniably cute, and many people find them very alluring as a subject for their next crochet project. If you're one of these individuals, then this compilation can be helpful when you're searching for your next project. These crochet owl patterns are the best we've found online, ranging from very easy to challenging.
Crochet Owl Patterns
With their big, round eyes and quirky demeanor, crochet owls have been a favorite in the crafting community for years. They're popular because they're cute, easy to make, and versatile. From the classic amigurumi to full-sized replicas that you can use as home decor, there's an owl pattern for everyone. And since so many options are available, you may find it hard to choose just one! We've gathered 15 of our favorites here—from beginner-friendly patterns to experienced-level projects that look like you bought them from a professional designer. If you can follow a design and work some basic stitches, you'll be able to make any of these adorable owls in no time. Try one out today!
Enhance your home decor, add something whimsical to your wardrobe, or make something special for someone else using these 15 owl crochet patterns.
Supplies Needed For Crochet Owl Patterns
Here are some of the supplies you'll need for crocheting owl patterns:
Yarn: The yarn you use will depend on the pattern. You'll want to avoid using thread that's too thick or too thin. Finding a medium-weight yarn that's soft and easy to work with is best. Try different types of yarn until you find one that feels good in your hands and works well with your crochet hook.
Crochet hook: Look for a theme about the same size as the recommended gauge for your pattern. You can buy them at any craft store or online retailer.
Scissors: You'll need these to cut your yarn when it gets tangled or knotted up while working on your project.
Stitch markers: These help track where you are in each row so you don't lose your place or make mistakes when following instructions.
Free Crochet Owl Purse Pattern:
Do you want to make something special for your baby? Then crochet owl purse pattern is best for you. This pattern is easy to make and the best solution for your problem. You can also crochet this for your baby and your friends' babies. It uses cotton yarn, and there is no restriction of color for you. It would prove a perfect project for a beginner. The usage of black color is important due to the formation of the eyes.
- Hook Size- H for the body and an F for the eyes and beak.
- Yarn- I used Lily Sugar and Cream 100%. I think any worsted-weight yarn would work. As you can see, I used lots of different colors. I think a solid color purse would be adorable as well.
Crochet Owl Pouch With Pattern:
Make this owl pouch for your little ones to store their toys, stuffed animals, and more. Crochet this easy crochet pincushion with a pattern from our site and make it a gift for the one you love. If you want to buy something stylish and useful for your daughter, granddaughter, or niece, then nothing can be better than this little owl pouch to store her favorite toys. The Owl Pouch is perfect for storing small items, like change or keys. It also makes the perfect gift for any owl lover!
- Cotton or Worsted Weight yarn
- G size hook
- tapestry needle, scissors
- small button
- 9mm animal eyes
Crochet Owl Amigurumi Mr. Murasaki:
Owls are trendy and a favorite of baby girls. You should try this today if you love the owl and crochet stuff. It takes minimum time to make it. You have a little experience in using crochet hooks and yarn. This crochet owl amigurumi Mr. Murasaki will make your smile wider and more cheerful as it is a cute toy that your little one loves to play with. The Owl can be crocheted in a single color or more colors. You can use cotton yarn for this project. This pattern uses basic crochet stitches, such as single and double, slip stitch, and chain.
- Acrylic yarn in purple, cyan, and white
- Crochet thread in black 2 x 4mm pink brads
- Yellow felt seal
- 3mm hook
- Darning needle
- Polyester fiberfill
- Ch: chain
- Sc: single crochet
- Dc: double crochet
- Inc: increment stitch / 2sc in a stitch
- Inv dec: invisible decrease
Baby Owl Pattern:
Are you looking for easy-to-make crochet stuff? If yes, the baby owl pattern is the best choice for you. It is a rapid project and requires no perfection from beginners. This one looks wonderful when you wear it on yourself and your little girl. All colors in this pattern are bright, so your little one will love wearing these cute owl ears. This crochet baby owl hoodie pattern is a quick and easy project made with cotton yarn and is perfect for beginners. This sweet little owl hoodie has large eyes, beaks, and feet. It's the perfect crocheted gift!
- Size USD3/3.25mm crochet hook
- Medium/worsted weight yarn
- Sport weight yarn in White (for eye circles)
- 12mm safety eyes
- Blunt end tapestry needle
- Polyester pellets
- Polyester fiber fill
- Stitch marker
Free Crochet Owl Family Amigurumi Pattern:
This owl family amigurumi is a perfect crochet doll for your lovely kids. They will love it so much and take care of it. This easy-to-follow designer owl family amigurumi pattern is perfect for beginners in crochet. This pattern is perfect if you are looking for an easy project and want to create something similar to an owl. All you need to do is follow the chart carefully. This pattern only requires some basic knowledge of crocheting, and then bam! You will be able to finish it in no time at all.
- Vanna’s Choice Yarn (Barely)
- Loops and Threads Impeccable Yarn (Aqua)
- Black buttons (or safety eyes) for eyes
- Hook Size: G (4.0)
Crochet Soren The Barn Owl:
Crochet is a fun, creative craft you can easily learn in a couple of hours. Whether you're looking to create beautiful accessories, ornaments, and decorations, such as this gorgeous Owl, or simple but stylish clothes for your children or babies, this book will provide everything you need to start immediately. If you've always wanted to try crochet and haven't quite picked up the basic stitches yet, there are plenty of useful tips and tricks inside to help you get started with confidence.
- G hook
- Cream or white yarn
- Light tan yarn
- Peach yarn
- Grey yarn
- 8mm black eyes
- (optional) White or cream thread
Owl Granny Square Crochet Pattern:
You can crochet this owl granny square crochet pattern as a table mat or change the color and add it to your kitchen. You can give it to your friends or family who love Owl. This owl granny square crochet pattern is a breathtaking pattern that can add elegance to any room in your home. It's specially designed to create a beautiful enhancement to any wall or pillow. It doesn't take much time and effort, but only cotton yarn and a skein of black yarn are needed for this job.
- – Vanna’s Choice Yarn
- – Size G-6 (4.25 mm) Crochet Hook
- – Tapestry need
- – Small Black buttons for eyes
- SC = Single Crochet
- DC = Double Crochet
- HDC = Half Double Crochet
- TC = Triple Crochet
Owl Crochet Hat Pattern:
Are you a newbie to crochet? This pattern is perfect for you! It's easy to follow (be sure to read through the entire pattern first) and works quickly. Your child will love this hat because it's soft, fluffy, and made just for them! And, of course, it's great to wear while keeping warm on those cold days so they won't be shivering when you take off that super cute crochet baby beanie during playtime. This Owl Crochet Hat Pattern is quick to crochet and makes a great gift for your friend.
- MC (shown here in blue colour): 50 grams/110 meters of BEETLE Brand Moda Vera 50% acrylic, 50% cotton)
- CC: (Black) small amount
- Yellow: small amount
- White: small amount
- Crochet hook size 3.5 mm
- Sewing yarn needle
- Removable stitch markers or contrasting coloured yarn
- Chain (ch)
- Slip stitch (sl st)
- Single crochet (sc)
- Magic ring or adjustable ring
Crochet Owl Blanket Lovey Pattern:
This owl blankie pattern is the best choice if you want to crochet a blanket for your baby. You can make it for yourself or your friend as a gift. You will make two of these because the Owl is two pieces. This blanket has no pockets; however, you can make one if you want. This is a custom size, and you can use any colors you want to, but I gave instructions for the blue and yellow blanket. This pattern uses a fluffy cotton yarn which is perfect for wintertime because it keeps you warm and cozy.
- Hook: J – 10 (6 mm) for the blanket
- Hook: H for the owl
- Tapestry needle
- Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver in Pale Yellow (where to buy), Red Heart Plush Baby in Blueberry (where to buy), Red Heart Super Saver in Royal Blue (where to buy), Red Heart Super Saver in Pumpkin (where to buy), Red Heart Super Saver in White (where to buy)
- SC = single crochet
- DC = double crochet
- CH = chain
- SK = skip
- SL ST = slip stitch
- Granny Stitch = 3 DC in the same stitch
Crochet Owl Mittens:
Free crochet owl mittens pattern is a fingerless crochet mitten for your hands, which is perfect for making cold days in winter. Crocheted fingerless mittens are perfect for those chilly winter nights when you want to keep your hands warm but don't want to wrap them in bulky gloves. They're also a nice way to show off your favorite colors or the subtle hues of your favorite sweater! Someone needs must work on their hands and make them warm and cozy. But if you want, then you can crochet these according to the size of your finger, but there is an added advantage to making these fingerless mittens.
- Yarn in desired weight, with an appropriate sized hook for the mittens… I used light worsted merino and a 4mm hook. Any yarn and hook combination will work fine; make sure the 'fabric' is soft and has a bit of giving (not stiff and unwieldy).
- Small amount of 4 colors of yarn for the owls.
- Even smaller amount of white yarn for the eyes.
- four small buttons for eye centers.
Get started with your new crochet project with this adorable Owl pattern! Find your inner Owl and look great while doing it with this lovely crochet owl. The cheerful and colorful Owl makes a great addition to any room and is also an excellent gift idea for friends or family who love owls. This pattern is intended for intermediate crocheters with experience with an afghan hook and single crochet but can be adapted to any skill level. The pattern includes detailed photo tutorials of each step so you can follow along without trouble.
- Yarn: Medium Worsted Weight in green & orange
- Crochet hook (Size 4.0 mm)
- Polyfil – fiberfill stuffing
- Felt for face details – light green, black & white
- Fabric glue
- Yarn Needle
- Stitch marker
- Sewing pins
- H – chain
- SC – single crochet
- INC – single crochet increase (2 SC in each stitch)
- DEC – decrease (I use the invisible decrease in all of my creations for a cleaner look)
- HDC – half double crochet
- DC – double crochet
- FO – fasten off
- Magic ring (MR)– Make a loop, leaving a long tail to work with. Insert hook in the center of loop, yarn over, and draw up a loop. Yarn over and pull through to make the first chain (this does not count as a stitch). Continue to crochet over the loop and tail with the number of stitches called for. There are many wonderful YouTube videos on making a magic circle if you are a visual learner!Always move your stitch marker to the last stitch in the round.
It's a surefire way to make someone smile, but don't underestimate the power of this little crochet owl amigurumi. Whimsical and charming, this toy will look great hanging from any wall or shelf in your home. Give one as a gift, or keep it for yourself! Make this adorable crochet owl amigurumi to decorate your home; make the perfect gift for someone special or even to cuddle with! This crochet owl amigurumi is designed for the beginner crocheter and can be made in about 3-4 hours. It's simple, with minimal shaping and quick, basic stitches. A great project for a beginner to get started on!
- Polyester fiberfill for stuffing.
- - 4 mm black beads or safety eyes.
- - Black embroidery thread and white sewing thread.
- - Stitch marker.
- - Tapestry and embroidery needles, scissors, pins.
Do you love owls? Do they remind you of your childhood and silly stories from your grandmother? Crochet an owl applique for yourself or as a gift for your loved one.Create a rustic, natural look with our owl applique. This crochet owl can be used to embellish clothing, hats, pillows, and bags. Add some fun to any space with this whimsical applique. This cute little Owl is a perfect way to add an extra touch to your clothes, bags, and more! It is designed to be sewn on after you finish crocheting your project.
- - Thin weight yarn of your choice (white, yellow, pink).
- - Size 1,25 mm Crochet Hook.
- - Scissors.
- - Gray threads.
- - Needle.
- Chain - ch.
- Slip stitch - sl st.
- Single crochet - sc.
- Double crochet - dc.
- Double crochet together - dc tog.
- Treble crochet - tr.
- Half double crochet - hdc.
- Chain space - ch sp.
Macho the Owl:
Create your own adorable Owl with the Crochet Macho the Owl pattern. This unique, adorable Owl is fun and easy to make, so you'll have lots of time to enjoy family time. These little guys are adorable and quick to create, so you'll be making more than one! Cute and soft, Crochet Macho the Owl is a lovely companion who loves to be seen and touched. This little chap can transform any place into a home with his friendly face, bright colors, and soft material. He is cuddly and adorable, making the perfect gift for all ages!
- Acrylic DK yarn in:
- Dark grey
- Acrylic Fingering Weight yarn in:
- Dark Grey
- White velvet yarn
- 3.5 mm crochet hook
- 5 mm crochet hook
- 14 mm black safety eyes
- Stitch marker
- Tapestry needle
- Toy stuffing
- Ch= chain
- Sl st= slip stitch
- Sc= single crochet
- Dc= double crochet
- Rpt = repeat
- St(s)= stitch(es)
- Sp(s)= space(s)
- Inc= increase: 2 sc in the same space
- Dec= decrease: single crochet two together
- Puff st= Puff Stitch: (Yarn over, insert the hook into the stitch, yarn over, pull up a loop) 3 times. There will be seven loops on the hook. Yarn over, and draw the hook through all loops on hook
Crochet Owl Pumpkin is a unique and versatile crochet pattern. This pattern is based on my original design. That looks like a realistic owl with big eyes and beautiful details. The finished piece is cute and cuddly so you can use it as a wall hanging or as door stops, as an embellishment for baby afghans, blankets, stroller linings, or even a Halloween decoration! This Crochet Owl Pumpkin is the perfect craft for any holiday! This pumpkin will look adorable on your front porch or in your garden and are fun to make.
- 2.7 oz or 143 yds of Red Heart With Love, Ochre Brown (Weight 4/medium)
- 1 oz or 53 yds of Red Heart Super Saver, Aran (Weight 4/medium)
- 2 yds of Red Heart Super Saver, Soft White (Eyes)
- 2 yds of Red Heart Super Saver, Turqua (Eyes)
- 1 yd of Red Heart Super Saver, Black, (Eyes)
- 3 yds of Red Heart Super Saver, Tea Leaf (Stem)
- Size H 5mm Crochet Hook
- Yarn Needle
- Stuffing/ Polyfil
- CH – Chain
- SC- Single Crochet
- BLOSC – Back Loop Only Single Crochet
- CC – Change Colors</