Crochet succulents are a fun way to brighten up an entryway or space on your desk. They're pretty easy to make and can be done in various styles. You could even use them as wedding favors at a summer wedding. With suitable materials, you can make them in a couple of hours. To get this collection of 15 Succulent crochet patterns started, here's one that's both adorable and easy to follow. The easy crochet plant patterns here all show off the versatility of crochet as you work with different patterns and textures to create succulent arrangements. No matter what kind of yarn you choose, the resulting project will be an adorable addition to any home—and it'll also help you give succulents a good home!
Mini Crochet Succulent Pattern
The crochet trend is huge and doesn't seem to be going anywhere soon. Since most crocheters are crocheting and selling their own patterns, they can choose what they want to sell. That means you'll have a lot of options to choose from if you're looking for a project to make that has something to do with plants. Succulent plants are perfect for the summer because you can keep them outside, but in winter, you can bring them inside. If you're tired of your regular old houseplants, perhaps a cute little crochet succulent would be the perfect addition to your home.
See More: 15 Free Easy Crochet Fish Patterns
What Are Crochet Succulents?
Crochet succulents are made from yarn and can be used for decoration or gardening. The finished product is similar to a succulent plant but much smaller. You can use these little crochet plants as decorations on their own or combine them with real plants for an interesting display.
Benefits Of Crocheting Succulents
Crocheting is a great way to create unique pieces of art, and you can use crochet to make anything from blankets to pillows. Crocheting succulents is another option. It's fun to give succulents as gifts and a great way to add a little life to your home decor. The best part about crocheting succulents is that it's relatively easy!
Here are some benefits of crocheting succulents:
- Easy To Make: Crocheting succulents is an easy project that anyone can learn in just a few minutes. All you need is yarn, scissors, and some basic skills with a hook.
- Long-Lasting: Crocheted succulents are durable pieces of art that can last for years if cared for properly. You'll only need to replace them if you want something new or if they've gotten too old and worn out over time.
- Customizable: You can customize your crochet succulent in any way, shape, or form, depending on what you're looking for. If you want something more traditional, there are plenty of patterns for simple potholders and dishcloths made from yarn that look like real plants!
This easy-to-make crochet project is one gardener would love! The succulent pot makes the perfect home for this lovely and realistic crochet flower. This beautiful succulent flower is crocheted to look just like the real thing. It would be a great gift for anyone who loves plants and flowers, or even as decoration in your home. Make a gorgeous succulent planter with this easy crochet pattern. Perfect for beginners, this project is sure to please and be one you want to make repeatedly! This succulent planter is the perfect addition to your home decor.
- 20 meters of green yarn of your choice
- A crochet hook 1 or two sizes smaller than specified for your yarn; this will ensure your succulent keeps its shape.
- Yarn needle
- With DK cotton yarn and a 2.5 mm crochet hook, my Succulent is 8cm in diameter.
- Slip Stitch (sl st): Insert hook into the stitch, pick up yarn, and pull through the loop.
- Single Crochet (sc): Insert hook into the stitch, pick up yarn, yarn over, pick up yarn, and pull through the 2 loops.
- Double Crochet (dr): Yarn over, insert hook into the stitch, pick up yarn, yarn over, pull through the first 2 loops, yarn over, pick up yarn, pull through the last 2 loops.
Crochet succulent strawberries are a fun project to make with kids or use as a creative centerpiece. A quick and easy gift for Mother's Day or birthdays! Make your succulent strawberries a little more interesting with these cute crochet versions! Crochet these succulent strawberries for your garden or any container to which you want to add some life. This is an easy and fun project that anyone can do. The flowers are crocheted using a simple pattern; you even have options for placing them in your containers.
Worsted weight yarn (see yarn & colour key)
Crochet hook size 3.5 mm (US E/4)
- r - Row/round number
- st - Stitch
- ch - Chain
- sc - Single crochet
- inc - Increase
- dec - Decrease
- sl st - Slip stitch
- hdc - Half double crochet
- dc - Double crochet
- sk - Skip
- FLO - Front loop only
- [...] x ... - Repeat the sequence of stitches in brackets x-times
- (...) - Total number of stitches at the end of each row/round
Succulent Pumpkin Cozy:
This cozy is the perfect addition to your succulent pumpkin! They are quick to make and can be customized to any color you like. The best part is they’re easy to wash and dry, so even though you’re only adding them temporarily, they can be reused yearly. Crochet your succulent cozy to turn any pumpkin into a super adorable nursery pot! This pattern is simple and quick and only requires a basic knowledge of crochet stitches.
- Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick 82% Acrylic, 10% Wool, 8% Rayon (6oz/170g/106yds/97m)
- Yarn Needle
- Polyester Fiberfill
- Artificial Succulents
- Artificial Moss/Gravel
- Floral Foam
- Small Pot (4″ diameter by 3.5″ height)
- Large Pot (6″ diameter by 5.5″ height)
- Glue Gun
- US M/13 (9mm) or size needed to obtain gauge
- Ch – Chain
- Dc – Double Crochet
- Dc2tog – Double Crochet Decrease
- Fpdc – Front Post Double Crochet
- Rep – Repeat
- RS – Right Side
- Sc – Single Crochet
- Sk – Skip
- Sl St – Slip Stitch
- Sp(s) – Space(s)
- St(s) – Stitch(es)
With its elegant shape and easy care, this succulent planter is perfect for anyone who wants to attract attention to their plants. This beautiful planter is also simple to make and uses just one color of yarn. Cozy up your space with a succulent planter that's as cute as it is functional. This pattern features a crocheted vase made from 100% acrylic yarn and arranged in an artistic pose that highlights the shape of each plant. Those interested in floral arranging can create their own arrangements or the base pattern.
- White Yarn
- o Medium Weight, Lvl 4
- ❖ Black Yarn
- o Medium Weight, Lvl 4
- ❖ Green Yarn
- o Medium Weight, Lvl 4
- ❖ Brown Yarn
- o Medium Weight, Lvl 4
- ❖ 3.25mm Crochet Hook
- ❖ Yarn Needle
- ❖ Fiberfill
- ❖ Scissors
- SC → Single Crochet
- Inc → Increase
- Dec → Decrease
This succulent crochet cushion is a great way to add extra color to your home. The pattern is easy to follow and can be adjusted to suit your needs. Make a statement in your home with this vibrant DIY Crochet Succulent Cushion. With just a few simple stitches, you can create a lovely cushion to bring life to your table. This cushion is perfect if you love succulents and want to show off your green fingers. The pattern is really simple, so it's suitable for beginners, but it's also a great project to make in the evening while watching TV.
- 100g of Double Knit yarn
- 4mm crochet hook
- Darning needle
- ST - stitch
- SS - slip stitch
- SC - Single Crochet
- DC - Double Crochet
- CH - Chain
Succulent Tissue Cover:
Crocheted tissue cover featuring a trendy cool succulent design. These covers can protect and give your room a warm touch. They will look awesome wherever you put them; you can use them to spice up the room or make it more welcoming. It is highly durable and will last long; the perfect gift for your friends or family. Add a touch of nature to your home with this crochet tissue cover. Each piece has its own unique design and is one of a kind.
- Yarn: Red Heart Soft Yarn or similar yarn
Up to 120 yards for cube cover, 150 yards for rectangle cover
- Hook: Size G, 4.0mm
- Yarn Needle
- Measuring Tape
- Ch: Chain
- Sc: Single Crochet
- Hdc: Half Double Crochet
- Hdc2tog: Half Double Crochet 2 Together
- Hdc3tog: Half Double Crochet 3 Together
- St(s): Stitch(es)
- [ ]: Work All in Indicated Stitch
- *: Repeat According to Instructions
- BLO: Back Loop Only
- FLO: Front Loop Only
A lovely crochet succulent, perfect for adding a touch of greenery to your desk or home. This plant is both beautiful and easy to care for! Place the base with soil in water, and provide indirect sunlight regularly. This crochet desktop succulent is the perfect desk buddy! Place it on the side of your workspace or desktop; the colors will add a pop of life to your workspace. The crochet succulent can be used as a pen holder or for storing any other small items you want to keep handy.
- Yarn: About 160 yards of a #4-weight yarn in a shade of green. I used Yarn Bee Rustic Romantic in “Window Ivy”, a color from my yarn stash that is discontinued. Use what you have! If you want a thinner yarn, just downsize your hook and make it more miniature succulent.
- Hook: F (4.0mm)
- Gauge: Unimportant
- MC magic circle
- ST/STS (stitch/stitches)
- SL ST (slip stitch)
- SC (single crochet)
Amigurumi Snake Plant:
A perfect plant for any decor, this crochet amigurumi snake plant will quickly become the centerpiece of your home. The perfect gift for the greener side of your life! The Crochet Amigurumi Snake Plant is a fun little project to learn how to crochet. The pattern also includes links to videos so you can learn the techniques needed and make your own plant in any color you like. This pattern is for intermediate-skill level crocheters or anyone comfortable with simple amigurumi crochet or amigurumi clothes patterns.
- Worsted weight yarn: Light Taupe, Dark Brown, Olive Green, Dark Forest Green, Lime Green. I used Michaels Loops & Threads Impeccable in the colors Putty, Chocolate, Forest, Deep Forest and Grass.
- Size F/3.75mm crochet hook
- Black embroidery floss and needle
- One pair of 9mm safety eyes
- Polyester fiberfill stuffing
- Yarn needle
- Stitch marker
- Straight Pins
- 16 gauge craft wire- cut to various lengths (see leaf pattern for measurements)
- Optional – thin cardboard for the base of pot
- R- Round/Row
- Sc- Single Crochet
- Inc- Increase
- Dec- Decrease
- Ch- Chain
- BLO- Back Loops Only
- FLO- Front Loops Only
- St/s- Stitch/es
- * – Repeat the directions in between * and * as many times as stated.
- ( ) – The number inside will indicate how many stitches you should have at the end of each round.
Succulents add color, character, and personality to your home decor. These crochet succulents are a fun and easy way to bring life into your living room or bedroom. Having a green thumb has never been easier than with these adorable crochet succulents. Perfect for hanging in windows or on a shelf, you can customize them to match any decor. The step-by-step instructions are easy to follow and doable for beginners looking to try their hand at crocheting. With the right tools and materials, you'll be ready to begin your little terrarium in no time!
- Yarn in green, blue, or turquoise color.
- Crochet the hook according to the size of your yarn.
- Tapestry needle.
- ch - chain
- sc - single crochet
- sl st - slip stitch
- dc - double crochet
- tr - triple crochet
- rep ** - repeat stitches between **
Petite Potted Succulent:
The Crochet Petite Potted Succulent is a lovely, colorful plant you can make yourself. Simply follow the instructions, and soon, you will be the proud owner of your indoor garden. It is a beautiful and easy project for beginner crocheters! This crafty project makes a great gift, & you only need about 45 minutes of your time. This adorable crochet petite potted succulent is the perfect addition to any home or office desk. The succulent is made of 100% wool and features a felt pot for an added touch of realism. This succulent continues to live as long as you can water and maintain it!
- E/3.5 mm hook
- H/5.00mm hook
- Hot glue gun
- Yarn needle
- Stitch markers
- Loops & Threads Impeccable yarn in Fern
- Red Heart Super Saver in Pink
- Red Heart Super Saver in Grey Heather
- Red Heart Super Saver in Buff
- DC- double crochet
- Sc- single crochet
- Inc- increase
- Blo- back loop only
- Dec- decrease
Succulent Baby Cocoon:
Crochet this fun and unique cocoon for your little one. The lightweight, natural color and cute design make it an awesome addition to any nursery. It’s perfect to place on a bed or in their stroller! Keep your baby cozy and stylish all at once in this crochet cocoon, made with a soft wool blend yarn wrapped around the child’s body. The cocoon has two secure buttonholes, allowing you to keep the baby warm on chilly nights or secure the ends against her chest.
- Size H/5mm Crochet Hook
- 2 Colors of Size 4/Medium Weight Yarn.
- Examples: Red Heart Super Saver in Redwood and Red Heart With Love Minty
- Yarn Needle
- Measuring Tape
Succulent Pumpkin Planter:
This crochet pumpkin is the perfect, creative way to put your succulent plants on display this fall. The Crochet Succulent Pumpkin Planter is ideal for beginners. The pattern is easy to follow and will teach you how to create a beautiful succulent planter in one evening! You can customize the size or use different colors to make it perfect for your home decor. This crochet succulent pumpkin planter is great for decorating your home or office. It can also be used as a centerpiece on your table.
- 1 skein of Lion Brand Wool Ease Thick and Quick
- 1 Clover USA crochet hook L/8.00mm*
- tapestry needle
- polyfill stuffing
- sl st – slip stitch
- ch – chain stitch
- sc – single crochet
- dc – double crochet
- BLO – back loops only
- fpdc – front post double crochet: insert your hook around the post of the double crochet stitch instead of through the top 2 loops, yarn over, pull up a loop, yarn over, pull through 2 loops on hook, yarn over, pull through remaining loops on hook.
Give your favorite place in the house a new plant with this fun crochet succulent. It’s super easy to make and will dress up any plain room or windowsill. Such a lovely gift for succulent lovers! Crochet Succulents are perfect for the garden or a tabletop and would make a great housewarming or hostess gift. These lovely succulents are handmade and perfect for planting in your home or office. Each one comes with a mini cactus soil block and 100% cotton yarn. Place it in a window or on your desk as a beautiful reminder of sunny days.
- - 2.5 mm crochet hook (use a smaller hook if you see gaps in your stitches)
- - scissors
- - DMC tapestry needle
- - Polyester fibrefill stuffing
- - 1 – 50 g ball EACH of DMC Natura Just Cotton in the following colors:
- N48 Chartreuse - N08 Eucalyptus - N21 Gauguin - N13 Pistachio - N61 Crimson - N76 Bamboo - N85 Wallflower - N46 Forest - N14 Green Valley - N23 Passion) - N02 Tropic
- Brown [associated-products]
Enhance your gardens with this beautiful succulent potted plant. With the succulent crochet pot, you can grow beautiful plants while saving space and creating more room in your home. Classic crochet stitch and the natural hues of succulents make this beautiful succulent wall hanging a great way to add a pop of color to your home or office. Stack it with other sun-loving plants, or use it alone to create texture in any setting. This succulent stacker is the perfect touch to any room. You can even swap out your plants as needed!
- 100g Darn Good Yarn Banana Fiber Yarn 'Sea Mist' (or approx. 30 yards of a bulky weight yarn)
- J/6.0mm crochet hook (I used Clover Amour)
- Yarn Needle
- Scissors (I always keep these travel scissors in my hook case)
- Terra cotta or plastic pots. I used 3 different sizes: 3" x 4" (large), 3" x 2.5" (middle), 2" x 1.5" (small)
- Succulent plants or herbs
- Potting soil
- ch: chain
- sl st: slip stitch
- SC: single crochet
- DC: double crochet
These colorful, crochet succulents are perfect for adding a little greenery to your space. The pattern includes all the steps you need to create a complete succulent set ready to hang or display on your table. These crochet succulents are the perfect addition to any room! These little plants are easy to take care of and will make a fun addition to your home decor. Add a touch of green and spring to your home with our eco-friendly Crochet Succulents. The durable plant is made from recycled plastic and non-toxic thread for foraging birds, displayed in the garden or around the house.
- 4ply yarn in succulent colours – I used Cascade Ultra Pima Fine in Alaska Sky, Ice and Dark Sea Foam
- 3mm crochet hook
- Scissors or a yarn cutter
- Wool needle
- Double Crochet (dc) – insert hook, pull up a loop (2 loops on hook); yarn over, pull through both loops on the hook.
- Treble Crochet (tc) – yarn over, insert hook, pull up a loop (3 loops on hook); yarn over, pull through two loops; yarn over, pull through remaining two loops.
- Slip Stitch (ss) – insert hook, pull up a loop, pull straight through loop on the hook.
- Chain (ch) – yarn over, pull through loop on hook.
Find More Crochet Patterns:
- Easy Crochet Snowman Free Patterns: Create adorable snowmen with these simple crochet patterns! Perfect for holiday decor, gifts, and cozy winter nights.
- Free Easy Crochet Fish Patterns: Explore our collection of delightful crochet fish patterns perfect for beginners. Create aquatic wonders for your home, gifts, or playtime!
Free Crochet Flip-Flop Patterns For Everyone: Discover our collection of fun and easy crochet flip-flop patterns. Create stylish, comfortable footwear perfect for sunny days and beach adventures!
- Free Crochet Infinity Scarf Patterns: Explore our collection of stylish and easy crochet infinity scarf patterns. Create the perfect accessory to elevate your wardrobe and keep you cozy all season!