- 6 Free Crochet Baby Hoodies Patterns For Winter
- 6 Crochet Pocket Scarf Patterns For Women
- 5 Crochet Turkey Hat Patterns For Thanksgiving
- 5 Crochet Turkey Coaster Patterns For Festive Table Setting
- 6 Crochet Thanksgiving Patterns For Holiday Season
- 4 Crochet Turkey Blanket Patterns To Enjoy Coziness
- 6 Baby Dress Free Crochet Patterns For Newborns
- 14 Cute Free Crochet Bunny Patterns
Make the most adorable crochet toys and patterns! Explore free amigurumi patterns and find the best ideas for crochet toys. Download a range of cute designs: simple cuddly critters, fun ornaments, and much more. Learn how to crochet little animals with our simple step-by-step tutorials!
- 12 Free Crochet Unicorn Patterns
- 15 Free Crochet Doll Patterns
- 20 Free Crochet Plush Patterns For More Soft & Quick Items!
- 15 Free Crochet Seahorse Patterns For Marine Life Lovers!
- 20 Free Crochet Bunny Ears Patterns With Tutorials & Using Ideas
- 20 Free Crochet Hippo Patterns And Cute Amigurumi!
- 20 Free Crochet Frog Patterns For Little Leapers!
- 20 Free Crochet Gnome Patterns (Video Tutorials Too!)
See More Amigurumi Patterns
The team behind All Crochet Pattern is committed to simplifying the process of finding crochet patterns.
We understand that searching for the ideal crochet pattern on the internet can be time-consuming, and often ends with too many choices, making it hard to finalize a decision. Additionally, locating quality crochet patterns and designers online can be challenging due to lack of proper marketing.
Our goal at All Crochet Pattern is to locate and provide easy access to all these superior crochet designs and patterns.
By doing so, we aim to save your time and make your research more efficient. Consequently, you can spend more time crocheting rather than searching for patterns.
All Crochet Pattern is a totally free, autonomous resource keen to assist crocheters at all levels in finding crochet patterns and learning new crochet techniques.
Crocheting offers endless opportunities to create clothes, toys, decor, and gifts. Crochet News provides resources for crocheters of all expertise levels, offering step-by-step tutorials, patterns, and more.
Here's a beginner's guide, covering basics like how to handle a hook and yarn, and make simple stitches.
Crochet is a method to make fabric by interlocking loops of yarn or crochet thread, using a crochet hook. It's an easy skill to learn, needing just some yarn, a crochet hook, and a dash of patience.
Wish to learn crochet? Now is the best time to start! Crochet is a well-loved hobby across the globe, and like other enthusiasts, you can start by mastering the basic techniques which are easy to understand.
What Do You Need?
Crochet is a low-cost hobby; all you need to start is a crochet hook and some yarn.
While there are myriad types of hooks, the choice often depends on the pattern you're working on. For beginners, we recommend a 5.5 mm to 6.5 mm ergonomic hook. Here's a guide to crochet hook sizes.
Numerous kinds of yarn are available in various weights and fibres. We suggest a light-colored, acrylic, #4 weight (worsted weight) yarn for beginners. This yarn is easy to work with and produces large, visible stitches.
Using a Different Yarn?
For yarn other than worsted weight, check the packaging for the recommended crochet hook size. Here are various types of yarn and their uses.
Different-sized hooks create different stitch characteristics: smaller hooks create tighter stitches, and larger hooks create looser stitches. See our yarn weight chart for yarn weights and suggested needle sizes.
While all you need to start crocheting is a crochet hook and yarn, once you've practiced and are ready to work on patterns, consider investing in these crochet supplies to make your crocheting easier and more enjoyable:
- Stitch markers
- Tapestry needle
- Small sharp scissors
- Crochet case
- Measuring tape
- Swatch gauge
- Project bag
- Blocking board and mat
- Yarn bowl
- Yarn winder and yarn swift
- Tension ring
- Row counter