If you love to wear sandals in the summer but hate the feeling of having your feet exposed to the hot ground, consider making yourself a pair of crochet barefoot sandals. The fabric design allows airflow and keeps your feet from getting too hot. Crochet barefoot sandals can be worn with dresses, shorts, or capris and are a great alternative to flip-flops. Crochet Barefoot Sandals Patterns are easy to make with any yarn you choose. The patterns below use techniques like single Crochet and slip stitch to create various designs. Since it's summertime, this is a great time to get crafty and whip up a few Crochet barefoot sandals for yourself and as gifts before the cooler weather starts in September.
Crochet Barefoot Sandals
Crochet is a great choice for footwear—it's lightweight, adaptable to different widths and foot shapes, and completely customizable. Many styles of crochet sandals are available, but one of the most common and versatile is the barefoot sandal. They can be worn as summer accessories or year-round shoes in warmer climates, and they can also be made in large sizes for wider feet. They look best when combined with thick and thin straps because they're more interesting than straps made entirely of one thickness. You can add accents like beads or tassels to color and pizazz to these basic sandals.
Benefits Of Crocheting Barefoot Sandals Patterns
Crocheting Barefoot Sandals Patterns is a great way to spend your free time. The benefits of crocheting are numerous, including:
It can be a great stress reliever. Crocheting requires your full attention and concentration, and it helps you focus on something other than your problems. It also provides an opportunity for you to relax and enjoy the moment.
Improves hand-eye coordination
Crocheting develops hand-eye coordination, which helps in other areas of life, such as sports, driving, typing, etc...
Helps people with dementia
Crocheting benefits people with dementia, especially those unable to speak or walk well anymore. It can help them keep their minds active and engaged in something enjoyable that they can do by themselves at home or in a care home or hospital setting.
Flora barefoot sandals:
Go barefoot in the Crochet Flora barefoot sandals. The Crochet upper allows you to feel these high-quality leather sandals' hot sun and cool breeze. Crochet sandals are the perfect warm-weather footwear. The Crochet Flora barefoot sandals feature a gorgeous floral pattern and adjustable buckles for a perfect fit every time. These lightweight and breathable sandals are the ideal addition to any casual outfit. These super cute Flora barefoot sandals are designed to be worn anywhere. They're great for wearing everyday flats or traveling as they can easily pack down and take up less space in your luggage. The lace-up design means they look great with any outfit.
- Any sport weight (about 120m/50 g, 130 yd/1.76 oz) cotton yarn in 3 colors, referred to as colors A, B, and C. Mercerised cotton, is longer-lasting in this project. Can use left-over yarns; a finished pair of sandals only weighs about 30 grams (1 oz).
- Crochet hook size 4mm (US G/6)
- ch – chain
- sc – single crochet
- dc – double crochet
- tr – treble
- sp, sps – space, spaces
- st, sts – stitch, stitches
- picot: Ch 3, ss to sc at base of ch-3
- fsc (foundation sc, starting Crochet without chain) Insert hook into base of previous sc, yo and pull through a loop, yo and pull through one loop on hook (this loop will sit at the base of st), yo
- and pull through 2 loops on the hook.
- RS – right side
- beg – beginning
Daisy Barefoot Baby Sandals:
Keep your baby's feet comfortable in these soft and sturdy crochet sandals. They feature a wide velcro strap for easy on/off and a protective rubber outsole perfect for playtime outside or around the house. Crochet Daisy Barefoot Baby Sandals are the perfect accessory for your baby girl. These sandals look so adorable on little feet, perfect for those summer months and days at the beach. This sandal's cute bow detailing will make your baby's outfit pop! These baby crocheted sandals are the perfect accessory for your little one's summer outfit. The simple design features a crochet daisy, embroidered star, and pearls for extra bling.
- Two color
- Color A. Red acrylic medium weight/worsted weight 3ply (6 hdc x3 Rows = 1 inch)
- Color B. half white acrylic medium weight/worsted weight 3ply(6 hdc x 3 Row = 1 inch)
- Crochet hook size 3.5mm(E) hook
- Crochet needle
- Size to fit: 0-3 months baby
- Gauge: 6 h dc x 3 Rows = 1 inch
baby barefoot sandals:
These crochet baby barefoot sandals are easy to wear, soft, and comfortable for your babies, who love them. And a perfect gift for a baby shower or a newborn's birthday. These crochet baby barefoot sandals are a great addition to your baby's wardrobe. These are perfect to wear during the summer, and they will keep your baby's feet cool, comfortable, and protected from the sun, thanks to their high-quality light and breathable cotton fabric. The sandals have an openwork pattern that allows for air circulation.
- Two color
- Color A. Red acrylic medium weight/worsted weight 3ply (6 dc x 3 Row = 1 inch)
- Color B. half white acrylic medium weight/worsted weight 3ply(6 hdc x 4 Row = 1 inch)
- Crochet hook size 3.00 mm
- Crochet needle
- Size to fit: 0-3 month’s baby
- Gauge: 6 dc x 3 rows = 1 inch
- c. crochet
- ch. chain
- sc. single crochet
- dc. double crochet
- slst. slip stitch
- st. stitch
- sts. stitches
- Rnd. Round
- Sp. Space
- Skp. Skip/miss
- Rpt. Repeat
Bloom Flower Barefoot Sandals:
These crochet bloom flower barefoot sandals are unique, fashionable, and pretty. Wear them to the beach, on a cruise, or as everyday summer shoes. These flexible, blooming crochet shoes are way more than just a pretty pair of flip-flops. Imagine all the smiles and compliments you'll get while wearing these fun and beautiful Crochet Bloom barefoot sandals! These barefoot sandals are the perfect accessory for your next beach vacation - or just a day in the pool! Save your feet from painful blisters and chafing in these adorable crochet bloom flowers that easily slip over the top of your foot.
- Monaco crochet cotton thread no. 8
- 2mm crochet hook
- Needle for weaving ends
- ch ― chain
- sl st ― slip stitch
- sc ― single crochet
- 2dc cl ― 2 double crochet cluster
- 3dc cl ― 3 double crochet cluster
- picot ― 3 chain picot
- sk ― skip
- sp ― space
Cute Barefoot Sandals:
A refreshing way to enjoy the summer heat! This crochet barefoot sandal is the perfect background for summer patterns, or the rope sandals could be made in any color to match your poolside or beach attire. Add a pretty ribbon and some jewels to make them extra special. These little barefoot is so sweet and cute; you'll want a pair for each outfit! These sandals are so cute and comfortable and match almost any outfit. Made from a delicate crochet yarn, the sole is made from an airy, light foam-like material.
- Crochet Hook: 3.5 mm,
- 4 pearls,
- ch(s) = chain(s); st(s) = stitch(es); sl st =slip stitch ;dc = double crochet; tr3tog = treble crochet 3 together; tr4tog = treble crochet 4 together; [ ] = work directions in brackets the number of times specified.
Serape Barefoot Sandals:
These Barefoot Crochet Serape Sandals feature a serape-inspired design that will make you the talk of any crowd. The beach strap ensures that you will never lose your sandal again. These unique Crochet Serape Barefoot Sandals are handmade and made in Peru. The serape design is original to tropical regions of Peru, where it's hand woven in homes across the countryside by skilled artisans and independent small business owners. Make a statement in these crochet Serape Barefoot Sandals. The V-shaped vamp and ankle strap offer a modern take on the traditional serape motif.
- – 3.75mm Hook
- – various colors of cotton blend medium weight yarn (Knit Picks Comfy Worsted and Shine Worsted)
- – Darning Needle
- – Soft Felt
- Ch – chain
- Dc – Double Crochet
- Hdc – Half Double Crochet
- Dc3tog – Dc decrease of 3 sts
- Sl st – Slip Stitch
- St – stitch
Arrowhead Barefoot Sandals:
Let your toes breathe with these crochet arrowhead barefoot sandals. The asymmetrical design is comfortable and great for casual or dressy occasions. These Crochet Arrowhead Barefoot Sandals are your fashionable way to the beach this summer! The Crochet detailing gives these sandals a unique and rustic feel. This crochet arrowhead barefoot sandal will have you feeling summery with the Crochet in a delicate design and the matching toe button that adds a touch of fun to this cute and fun summer piece.
- 10 count crochet thread [0 : Lace]
- Size 6/1.8 MM Steel Crochet Hook
- Seed Beads
- Tapestry Needle (that will fit in the holes of the seed beads)
Sunflower Barefoot Sandals:
These crochet sunflower barefoot sandals are so light and comfy that you can wear them barefoot on the beach or with flip-flops. They have a gathered elastic back for support and unique crochet details that are fun to wear! Crochet Sunflower Barefoot Sandals are perfect for a night at the beach or pool! These comfy crochet sunflower barefoot sandals are easy to make and will bring a smile to every face you meet. Try these crochet sunflower barefoot sandals and make your feet feel at ease. These sandals are lightweight and durable, perfect for everyday use!
- 3.25 mm steel crochet hook
- Size 10 crochet thread
- approx .2 oz/ 50 yds
- 3 colors
- I used Aunt Lydia’s
- Yarn needle
- Magic Circle
- Ch: chain
- St: stitch
- Slip st: slip stitch
- Sc: single crochet
Fringe Barefoot Sandals:
Get your toes in the sand and get ready to go barefoot with these stylish crochet fringe sandals. Enjoy a splash of summer fun in these crochet fringe barefoot sandals. These barefoot sandals feature a crochet trim, a lace-up back, and a square toe. Sturdy rubber soles guarantee you'll be balancing on style without worrying about slipping or falling flat. These crochet fringe barefoot sandals have an open toe and adjustable ankle strap to make them comfortable for all-day wear.
- About 2 oz of mercerized cotton, I used Sinfonia mercerized cotton in “Mandarina.”
2 small buttons
- G hook
Sewing needle, large enough head for yarn to thread through
You can also see: Crochet Slipper Patterns
Beach Day Barefoot Sandals:
Summer will be a blast in these crochet beach day sandals that are perfect for the beach, pool, or even running errands. Features big toe strappy design, ties at back of ankle and front of the foot, slip-on style. The Crochet Beach Day Barefoot Sandals are the perfect summer accessory. They're lightweight and flexible, handmade from luscious soft cotton blended with elastic for just the right amount of stretch. They're finished with a fun, round toe and tie string detailing at the ankle. Wear them on your next beach vacation or pool party!
- Yarn: Premier® Yarns Cotton Fair® Solids and Multis Yarn (Fine Weight ; 3.5 oz/100 g; 317 yds/290m; 52% Cotton, 48% Acrylic) Colors: White (Color A), Blue Iris (Color B) and Turquoise (Color C)
- Hook: Clover 1042/D Orange Amour Crochet Hook, Size D, 3.25 mm or 4 mm (G) hook (in the video, I used my Furls Olivewood Alpha Series Crochet Hook)
- Scissors, Yarn Needle, Stitch Marker (optional)
- ch – chain
- ch3sp – chain 3 space
- ch6sp – chain 6 space
- dc – double crochet
- dc4tog cluster – double crochet 4 together worked all in the same stitch to form a cluster
- DMR – double magic ring (exactly like a magic ring except you wrap it twice instead of once before beginning)
- FPdc – Front Post Double Crochet
- hdc – half double crochet
- R – row/round
- rep – repeat
- sc – single crochet
- sl st – slip stitch
- st/sts – stitch/stitches
- * – Repeat the instructions between the asterisks the number of times indicated. This repeat will contain multiple instructions.
- () – Repeat the instructions between the parentheses the number of times indicated.
Memorial Mandala Barefoot Sandals:
The crochet memorial mandala barefoot sandals are a unique way to show your support for those who have lost their battle with cancer. These crochet memorial shoes are crocheted with a unique design of the Mandala Prayer. This design is available in women's and children's sizes and can be paired perfectly with shorts, dresses, or skirts. Show your love for someone who's no longer with you with these Crochet Memorial Mandala Barefoot Sandals. Show your support in style!
- – Size B (2.25mm) crochet hook
- – Size D (3.25mm) crochet hook
- – Small amount of fingering weight crochet cotton, about 50 yards of each color
Cluster Barefoot Sandals:
These beautiful Crochet Cluster Barefoot Sandals are easy to make, and you'll never want to take them off once you put them on! They are made with lightweight beaded crochet and feature fringed edges. These slip-on sandals are perfect if you're looking for something that looks great and feels amazing at the same time. The minimalist design of these crochet cluster barefoot sandals offer a chic, beach day-ready look. They feature a low wedge heel and adjustable sides that easily slide on and off with an elastic strap.
- Hook: Stainless Hook 2 / 2.25MM
- Thread: Aunt Lydia’s Thread Classic #10 , White, (stash thread)
- Ch: Chain, Sc: Single Crochet, Dc: Double Crochet, Cl: Cluster,
- Sl st: Slip Stitch, Sp: Space, Sk: Skip
Tribal Barefoot Sandals:
A classic and lively pair of Crochet barefoot sandals, these crochet tribal-inspired flip-flops are a great addition to your summer wardrobe. Adding even more style, there is a rope bow on the toe strap and rope ankle strap. Wear these crochet toe-thong sandals to instantly up your summer style game. The tribal pattern is handmade, and the crocheted sole is comfortable and lightweight yet durable enough to be worn anywhere—from the beach to your favorite taverna or the local flea market.
- –FibraNatura Sea Song Less than 50 yards
- –Size 2.25mm Crochet Hook
- –Yarn Needle and Smaller Sewing needle
- –Beads (Assortment)
- –2 Feathers
- –Crimp Beads
- Ch(s): chain(s)
- YO: Yarn Over
- St(s): Stitch(es)
- Sl st: slip stitch
- SC: Single Crochet
- HDC: Half-Double Crochet
Flower Baby Barefoot Sandals:
Add a splash of color to your little one's look with these crochet flower barefoot sandals from Loved Baby. These Crochet Flower Baby Barefoot Sandals are the best summer accessory for your little girl! They're adorable, comfortable, and extremely lightweight, so you can worry less about her toddling off with these than you would with shoes. They are perfect as a layering piece under dresses and make a great alternative to shoes if your child has allergies or sensitive skin.
- Size G Hook
- Medium Weight Yarn
- Elastic Yarn Thread
- Yarn Needle
Pineapple Up Barefoot Sandals:
These pineapple crochet-up barefoot sandals feature a light tan color, a grosgrain bow accent, and an oversized comfortable fit. These cute crocheted pineapple-up barefoot sandals will give your feet a breeze in the summertime and keep them safe from hot surfaces. These barefoot sandals are perfect for lounging in your garden or by the pool and make a great gift for your boho friend! The straps are crocheted with a pineapple stitch, making them lightweight and durable. This design gives a playful touch to the popular flip-flop silhouette.
- Knitca Socks (75% Superwash Merino Wool 25% Nylon) Sport Weight (I've also made these with Size 10 crochet cotton, they work out the same!)
- Size 1.5mm crochet hook
- needle to sew in ends
- Sts Used: Ch=chain, Sl st-Slip Stitch, Dc=Double Crochet