Crocheting is a great hobby for kids to get into—it teaches them how to make things with their own two hands, and it can be really fun and creative if the right pattern is chosen. For the younger crowd, you can't go wrong with a snail pattern—these little guys are simple enough to make without being too boring, and they're a great way to get your kids to use their imaginations while crafting. It's a fun way to help them practice their hand-eye coordination while they have fun making something silly that they'll end up getting attached to. Here are 15 beautiful crochet snail patterns that will get any young (or young at heart) crafter excited about crafting.
Amigurumi Snail Crochet Free Patterns
Feelings of empathy, earnestness, and patience make up your typical Snail's personality. Their affectionate eyes and slow crawl make everyone feel loved and protected, which is why they've been a favored symbol of Mother Nature for thousands of years. They are still used in popular culture to represent peaceful living and family values. Why not bring this feeling into your home with a few new friends? These Crochet Snail Patterns can be an adorable decoration for a child's room or an accessory for your favorite doll or stuffed animal. They have many practical applications, too—they can be placed on a shelf as an ornament or hung from the ceiling as a mobile, even dangling from the end of a keychain to remind you of their slow but steady nature when you're in a rush. The possibilities are endless!
Supplies Needed For Crochet Snail Patterns
Shopping list for the supplies needed for crochet snail patterns:
- Crochet hook size 4.00 mm (G) or size 4.5 mm (H) (or any size suitable for your yarn weight)
- Yarn type: Any yarn with a "Yarn Weight" range from 1 to 6 is suitable for this pattern. Examples include cotton, wool, bamboo, silk, and acrylic fibers. The yarn should be smooth and soft enough to feel comfortable against your skin if you decide to wear your finished piece! If you don't want to use a pattern with holes (which most people do not), choose a solid-colored yarn or one with very subtle variegation.
- Yarn weight: Superfine, lace, fingering, sport, DK, or worsted (see below)
This crocheted cookie snail will be a permanent addition to your home decor. This little guy is super soft and cuddly, perfect for naptime! This Crochet Cookie Snail has a fresh, modern look with its mix of colors and textures. A perfect gift for anyone who loves snails or someone who loves to crochet! It's crocheted from top to toe, so it's perfect for beginners. Once you make the body, his head, and little shell; there is no sewing involved 🙂 You can also easily change the colors if you want one in your favorite color!
- US Size 8mm crochet hook, yarn needle, scissors, stuffing, felt for the eyes.
- Ch = chain
- Sc = single crochet
- Sc2tog = single crochet two together
- Sl st = slip stitch
Crochet this adorable Snail to help teach your child how to crochet and count. The first spring snail has arrived in your garden! He is very excited about being outside and seems to like the flowers. Make yourself a little friend in the colors of your choice and get inspired for spring. This Snail is a great soft toy for kids or a cute home accessory. Made of 100% cotton yarn, this little creature is crocheted with love and detail. You can even take him on safari or camping and have to feed him the most delicious leaves!
- DK Weight Yarn in beige, yellow, and your choice of color for the shell and flower (I used Paintbox Cotton DK in light caramel, buttercup yellow, blood orange, and paper white)
- 2.5mm crochet hook
- 8mm safety eyes
- Polyester Fiberfill
- Stitch marker, yarn needle, scissors
- ch – chain
- sc – single crochet
- hdc – half double crochet
- dc – double crochet
- inc – increase
- hdc-inc – half double crochet increase
- invdec – invisible decrease
- sl st – slip stitch
- st/s – stitch/es
- (…) – indicates stitch count at end of round
- […] – repeat the instructions in brackets
Crochet Deadpool Snail is the perfect gift for your favorite Deadpool fan, collectors, or yourself! Crochet this cute Deadpool snail. He stands well and looks great on your bookshelf or beside a TV. This pattern is easy to follow and makes a great gift for any Marvel fan! This would be best suited to someone who is either a movie fan, comics or both. It is a fun crochet pattern that is easy to follow, and the finished product looks great on your desk or shelf. This is perfect for any Marvel fan!
- Worsted Weight Yarn: White, red, and black
- G crochet hook
- Craft foam: White and black
- Craft glue
- Polyester Fiberfill
- Tapestry needle
This is a super sweet crochet snail applique. Perfect for adding to a baby blanket or a tea towel, this crochet snail applique will be so sweet on the next project you make. This crochet applique has you covered to add a pop of color and whimsy to your project. This embellishment fully captures the serenity of springtime, featuring a baby snail with a big red heart and a smaller green leaf. Crochet snail applique is an adorable addition to your clothes, bags, or hats. It adds fun and whimsy to any project.
- Crochet hook ½.75 mm
- Embroidery floss
- Patons Grace light weight #3 cotton yarn (100% mercerized cotton; 136 yds/124 m per 1.7 oz/50 g skein), colors – A for the Shell and B – for the Body.
- Ch – chain
- DC – double crochet
- HDC – half double crochet
- Rnd – round
- RS – right side
- SC- single crochet
- Sl St – slip stitch
- St (Sts) – stitch (stitches)
- TR – treble crochet
- WS – wrong side
Glitter Snail Ornament:
Dress up your Christmas tree with this crochet snail ornament. Lightweight and easy to hang, this glittery little Snail is perfect for adding bold texture to any holiday display. This crochet snail ornament is a cute way to add springtime flair to your home. The project couldn't be easier—it's made from felt, recycled from an old sweater, and the yarn is 100% acrylic, so it is soft to the touch. A glitter accent makes the Snail stand out on your Christmas tree or any other holiday decor.
- small amounts of worsted weight yarn in red, green, white, and dark gray
- F (3.75mm) hook OR size needed to make tight small stitches. I crochet tightly, you may have to drop a hook size or two.
- glue gun and glue sticks
- toothpicks and white acrylic paint to dot eyes if desired
- tapestry needle, scissors
Happy Rainbow Snails:
This pattern is perfect for beginners and kids. It works quickly and can be finished in one sitting on almost any size hook (depending on what yarn you use). The body of the Snail and the shell are worked in the round using single crochet, increasing at the beginning of each row and decreasing at the end to form the spiral shape. The teeth are crocheted in single crochet without increasing or decreasing – so you get a row of "teeth" that sticks out from your Snail!
- - yarn and matching hook (I took Stylecraft special DK and a N°4 hook)
- - a pair of scissors and a yarn needle
- - filling
- - a pair of eyes
- - hot glue gun
- - a tiny end of leather
- - ch = chain stitch
- - dc = double crochet
- - dc2tog = 2 dc together (reducing one)
- - mc = magic circle
Laci the Banana Split Snail:
Crochet Laci the Banana Split Snail is a great project for a beginning crocheter. Young children will have fun watching the Snail grow and playing with him when they are done. Adults can use this pattern to make themselves some slipper socks or ear warmers! Sweet, snarky Laci, the Banana Split Snail is ready for your crochet handmade amigurumi project or project bag! Soft and adorable, she's just like a real soft toy, but with no plastic parts or batteries! Laci can be crocheted up in an evening using simple single crochet stitches – and all materials are listed in the pattern. So let's get crocheting!
- Vannas Choice in Lemon
- Vannas Choice in Pink Grapefruit
- Vannas Choice in White
- Vannas Choice in Black (for embroidery)
- Vannas Choice in Scarlett
- Vannas Choice in Fern
- Vannas Choice in Chocolate
- 12mm safety eyes (2 of them)
- Darning needle
- Fiber fill
- 4mm Furls Odyssey Hook
- Sc- single crochet, Inc- Increase (2 sc in the same stitch), Dec- Decrease, FLO- Front Loop Only, *- repeat around the row, ( )- number of stitches at the end of the round
The Crochet Snail Amigurumi will make the most adorable companion for your child. This is a wonderful project to create at home or in class. It can also be used as a stuffed toy, as decoration for your house, or as a part of a children's hobby! You can choose from any of our bright colored yarn and use single crochet stitches to get this finished product which looks extremely cute. The pattern is easy to follow and has many photos to help with assembly. This pattern is perfect if you love creating soft toys, especially those that look like other things!
- 3.25mm hook for main.
- 3.5mm hook for flower;
- Loops & Threads Colorwheel in Light Coral (50g);
- Loops & Threads Colorwheel in Bright Mint (50 g);
- Lightweight cotton yarn in pink for the cheeks;
- Bernat Handicrafter in Chamomile for flower;
- Black crochet thread for mouth and eyes.
- Tapestry needle
Party Snail Amigurumi:
This cute crochet party snail amigurumi pattern is great for those who love to make amigurumi! This Snail can be a great friend for your little one or yourself! Make your own Crochet Party Snail Amigurumi. This is one of our most popular amigurumi patterns because it's easy to make then anyone can join in on the crocheting fun. This Snail amigurumi is designed to be small enough for children to make all themselves. This crochet party snail is so cute and fun! It is the perfect little Snail to give your child as a toy, favors at a birthday party, or coming home from hospital gift.
- Medium weight yarn (worsted, aran, or 10-ply) in 3 colors
- 2.75 mm C hook (you can also use a 3.25 mm D hook for a slightly larger snail)
- Toy stuffing
- Black cotton embroidery thread for the face
- Nylon heavy duty thread or fishing line (for pompom)
- Tapestry needle
- Embroidery needle
- Stitch marker
- rnd(s) – Round(s)
- ch – Chain
- st(s) – Stitch(es)
- sl st – Slip stitch
- sc – Single crochet
- inc – Single crochet increase (also sometimes called sc 2 in 1 st)
- inv dec – Single crochet invisible decrease
- FLO – front loop only
- [ ] – Repeat the steps between the asterisk for the specified number of times
- ( ) – The number of stitches you should have at the end of each round
- Finish off – Knot your yarn close to the piece and weave through the sts in the last round
You can also see: Crochet Fish Patterns
This cute and practical crochet snail coaster will keep your coasters from sliding around as much as plastic or glass ones do. Makes a great gift for a friend or anyone who loves snails. Add whimsy to your home with this adorable crochet snail coaster. Coasters are handy because they protect the surfaces of tables, end tables, and other furniture. They're also extremely useful at parties where drinks are passed around, so you don't have to worry about stains on your beautiful wood surface!
- Worsted weight yarn in shell and body colors (you only need a little bit, so this is a great stash buster)
- Size H (5.0mm) crochet hook
- Stitch marker (optional)
- Tapestry needle
- st(s) = stitch(es)
- ch = chain
- ss = slip stitch
- sc = single crochet
- hdc = half double crochet
- hdc inc = work 2 hdc in the same st
Giant snail / Caragol gegant:
The Giant crochet snail or Caragol gegant is a large and fun toy your child will be delighted to find in their Easter basket. The Giant Snail will delight your children as they spend hours playing with it, rolling it around, and carrying it. It's an enjoyable game and a great way to enhance their motor skills. It is an easy-to-assemble kit for children of all ages who are delighted by the magic of being able to create a life-size replica of these slimy creatures. This kit combines different techniques and materials, making it unique and educational.
- Trapillo en color marró clar (pel cos) i en el color que més us agradi (per la closca)
- Agulla de ganxet de 12 mm
- Agulla de tapisser per unir les peces i entrar fils
- Floca per farcir
- cd - cadeneta
- pr - punt ras
- pb - punt baix
- mpa - mig punt alt
- pa - punt alt
- augm - augment
- dism - disminució
Crochet Caracoles Amigurumi is a fun crochet pattern for the beginner that features the techniques for making a crocheted caracole in amigurumi and easy step-by-step instructions. This crochet amigurumi is cute and makes excellent decorations for your space or a gift for someone special in your life! Crochet caracoles amigurumi will bring a smile to the face of any child! They are simple and fun to make, use only a small amount of wool, and work quickly. Perfect for beginners to practice their crochet skills or anyone who loves crocheted toys – kids of all ages will love these colorful little horseshoe crabs.
- 2.25mm crochet.
- wool-like for 3 mm needles. beige for the body, brown for the base of the shell, and other colors
- small black plastic beads for the eyes
- wool needle
- sewing needle
- black sewing thread
- silicone napa or synthetic cotton to fill
This adorable Snail is the perfect project for learning to crochet. The amigurumi crochet pattern includes detailed step-by-step instructions, diagrams, and photos to make this amigurumi snail easy to complete. Crochet Snail ! is a combination of fun and educational crochet. Your little one will have so much fun wrapping up this cute little Snail and helping you along the way as you learn how to crochet. In this unique experience, your child will take part in a journey of learning between mother & daughter, bringing lots of love, friendship, and happiness.
- a n°4 hook
- a n°3 hook
- a yarn needle
- several colors of wool
- stuffing wadding
- ch = chain stitch or chain stitch
- sc = single crochet
- sl = slip stitch
- 1inc = increase: crochet 2 sts in the same stitch of the previous row
- 1dec = decrease: work 2sts together
Snail Tape Measure:
This crocheted tape measure adds a touch of whimsy to your home decor. This is the perfect gift for knitters, crocheters, or anyone who needs an extra helping hand when measuring. This tape measure is not only super cute but also very convenient to use. It has a built-in magnet at the top, so you can clip it onto your fabric and keep it right on measuring! The snails are made of super strong stainless steel wire that is so flexible it makes measuring comfortable for everyone. You can remove the tape from the case when finished and wind it back up or leave it on for display.
- Round tape measure, a little over 2" (over 5cm) in diameter and about ½" (1.25cm) high, with the retracting button in the middle of one side. I used Knit Picks' brand, but I believe Singer makes a nearly identical model.
- DK weight yarn, approximately 25yd (22m) for shell and 12yd (11m) for body. I used Tahki Cotton Classic.
- Size E hook (3.5mm) or hook required for gauge.
- Small amount of fiberfill
- 2 6mm safety eyes (optional)
- Very small amount of red yarn or embroidery floss for mouth
- White craft glue
- Small amount of thin fabric (optional but recommended)
Sally the Snail:
Sally, the Snail is a beautiful, colorful and fun-to-make crochet amigurumi. Crochet Sally the Snail! You can use up your scrap yarn with this no-sew project. Your little one will play with this handmade crochet, Sally, the Snail. Add a smile, and this little one is ready to explore. Sally, the Snail, is so easy to make, and kids will love creating a snazzy shell for her. Crocheted in soft acrylic yarn, it's the perfect crochet project for little fingers. Sally is also perfect for party favor decoration or gift bag stuffer!
- F or G Hook, Green, Color For Snail Shell, Tapestry Needle, 10mm Safety Eyes
More Crochet patterns:
- Crochet Dragon Patterns: Master the Art of Mythical Creatures Dive into an extraordinary collection of crochet dragon patterns and transform simple yarn into awe-inspiring, mythical beasts. Begin your magical journey today!
- Free Crochet Beanie Patterns: Craft the ultimate handmade gift with our free crochet beanie hat patterns. Explore a variety of styles and techniques to create a cozy, custom hat that will be cherished for years.
- Easy Crochet Vest Pattern: Explore a wide variety of free, easy crochet vest patterns suitable for beginners and experienced crocheters alike. Create stylish vests for yourself or as thoughtful handmade gifts!
- Crochet Backpack Patterns: Discover our amazing selection of crochet backpack patterns! Find the perfect design to create a unique, fashionable, and functional accessory for all your adventures.