Crochet washcloths are a necessity in any home. They come in handy for many things but are especially useful in the kitchen, so you can always have a clean one ready to go. Here is an excellent selection of free crochet washcloth patterns that you can use to make a beautiful and valuable gift for any special occasion. These free crochet washcloth patterns are quick, easy, and cost-effective ways to give yourself a makeover. Crocheting these pieces is a great way to learn the basics of working with cotton yarn and doing simple stitches like single and double crochet. You can use these patterns to create washcloths as gifts or for personal use. Each project has been tested for accuracy, but please refer to the materials list for details about individual yarns or other materials.
Free Crochet Washcloth Patterns
Crochet washcloths are a fun and practical way to give yourself or someone else an extra special gift. They're great for personal use and make an excellent housewarming gift because they are helpful and valuable items. Why not give your favorite busy Mom some crochet washcloths? Or, you can make them sell at craft fairs or online shops. With these 20 Free Crochet Washcloth Patterns, you'll be able to make an endless supply of beautiful washcloths in just a few easy steps. Each pattern features clear instructions and illustrations so you can easily follow along. Since they are made with cotton crochet thread, they are super soft and gentle on your skin.
These 20 Free Crochet Washcloth Patterns are perfect for gift giving and easy to whip up, so you can make as many as you need!
You Can Also See:
Supplies needed For Crochet Washcloth Patterns
The supplies needed to crochet washcloths are pretty basic. You can find most of these items in one of your local craft or hobby stores or online.
Yarn: You can choose almost any type of yarn for these patterns, though cotton and acrylic are both popular choices because they are easy to care for. (Cotton is a bit softer than acrylic.)
Crochet Hook: The size of the hook you use will depend on the thickness of the yarn you choose. Most patterns call for a "size G" crochet hook, which is a good choice if you use worsted-weight yarn. If you want something larger or smaller, opt for a different-sized angle instead.
Tapestry Needle: A tapestry needle is used to weave in ends when you finish a project like this. They are also handy for stitching up holes or tears in your washcloths if they get damaged during use later on down the road!
Safety Pins: These come in handy if you want to use safety pins as stitch markers when crocheting your clothes from scratch!
Why To Crochet Washcloth Patterns
Crocheting washcloths are a great way to practice different stitches, learn new techniques, and create something you can use daily. When you crochet washcloths, you'll find that they're much more durable than regular towels. They also dry quickly and don't leave lint behind after you've used them.
To make the most of your time and creativity, these are some of the reasons why you should crochet washcloths:
1. They're easy to make and perfect for beginners! This is a great project to help build up your skills, starting with crochet. It's also an excellent way to get used to making something with multiple rounds of stitches and varying sizes.
2. They can be personalized! You can choose any color combination that suits your style or decorating scheme. You can also add embellishments like buttons or beads for extra flair!
3. They're helpful! A crocheted washcloth makes an excellent gift for friends and family members who love handmade items but don't have time to make them themselves. It's also perfect for keeping on hand at home, so guests have something soft and absorbent when they come over.
Washcloths are great for:
- Using up leftover yarn from other projects
- Using up the leftover thread from craft projects
- Making gifts for friends, family, or baby showers
- Using up scrap yarn that's been sitting around in your stash for years!
Free Crochet Granny Washcloth:
This free crochet granny washcloth pattern is a great way to start crocheting. It's simple, but the finished project is quite beautiful and will quickly become one of your go-to gifts. This pattern uses only one ball of cotton yarn so that you can make several washcloths with just one skein! You can also change colors to suit what you have on hand, stitch up many in different colors to create a fun place setting for guests or add them together as colorful dishcloths that match your kitchen decor.
- For great results, it is always best to use the recommended yarn I have used:-
115 grams of King Cole Cottonsoft DK Yarn
- 5.00mm Clover Crochet Hook
- ch. Chain
- dc. Double Crochet
- htr. Half Treble Crochet
- tr. Treble Crochet
- rpt. Repeat
- ss. Slip Stitch
Stash up and make these washcloths. They're perfect for beginners like me, who can't afford something fancy (yet) but want to learn and try their hand at a crafty project. They're great for gifts, too! What a great project this is for any beginner crocheter. The essential thing which will be used in this pattern is cotton yarn. You can quickly learn the basics of crocheting by making this free pattern crochet washcloth. This one is the best look, and if you do it right, it will increase the beauty of your home for your loved ones.
- 2 balls Drops Safran or any other cotton 4ply (makes 3 washcloths)
- Darning needle
- 5mm (H) hook
- 20 x 20 cm (8 inches)
- US Terms used throughout (UK Terms)
- hdc - half double crochet (htc - half treble crochet)
- ch - chain
- st(s) - stitch(s)
How To Crochet Washcloths:
This is the perfect pattern for making your first crochet washcloth if you are a beginner. It's quick and easy to make and looks great! This crochet washcloth pattern uses the Blossom Stitch, an open lacy stitch. This washcloth can be used all around the house, such as in the kitchen, bathroom, and more. You can use any colors for this project because there are no restrictions. Just have fun with it! This crochet washcloth pattern is easy, fun, and fast to crochet! Made with a blossom stitch for the open and lacy look, it uses just 3 basic stitches. Perfect for beginners or anyone who wants a quick crochet project that makes a beautiful addition to their kitchen.
- 60 yards of cotton yarn
- H crochet hook
Tunisian Free Crochet Washcloths:
A fun and easy Tunisian crochet pattern that's a beautiful quick-to-make gift idea. For beginners, intermediate or experienced crocheters. These washcloths are designed to be a quick and easy project for anyone. The pattern is written in a way that can be completed in one sitting, so you never have to put your hook down! As a result, it's perfect for days when you want something more than just plain yarn practice. Even if you haven't crocheted before, these Tunisian Free Crochet Washcloths are easy enough that anyone can make them.
- Worsted weight cotton in 2 coordinating colours
- 6mm Tunisian hook (also known as Tricot or Afghan
- 4 mm crochet hook
- Ch – Chain
- sc – single crochet (US terms)
- Sk – Skip
- Yo – Yarn over
- Sl St – Slip Stitch
- Sts – Stitches
- TSS – Tunisian Simple Stitch
Moss Stitch Free Crochet Washcloth:
Add something special to your home decoration; easy to crochet. Enhance the beauty of your kitchen with this elegant Moss stitch-free crochet washcloth pattern. This free crochet pattern is moss stitch-free. The orange color was used in this pattern, but you can change the color if you want to. Since it is easy to crochet, you can enhance the beauty of your kitchen. It is perfect for beginners, but you can also make it with advanced skills. The moss stitch pattern adds texture and charm to this washcloth.
- 1 skein of 100% cotton yarn – Lily Sugar n Cream in Hot Orange
- Crochet hook, any size – I used my Clover Amour size H (5mm)
- ch: chain
- sc: single crochet
- st: stitch
My Favourite Free Crochet Washcloth:
Are you the one who loves to crochet? Its beautiful and unique free crochet washcloth is a good gift for them in your home or family. You must choose the color and make this gorgeous stuff with minimal effort. If you are looking for a skin-friendly washcloth, this project is the one. The combination of skin and purple is outstanding. You can also change the colors to make it look more lively. This free crochet washcloth is also a great project to learn how to combine stitches and yarn, so it's perfect for beginner crocheters.
- A size H-8 (5 mm) Crochet Hook.
- 70 yards of Knit Picks Dishie Yarn.
Boston Washcloth Free Crochet Pattern:
Are you looking for a simple crochet pattern? The Boston Washcloth Free Crochet Pattern will be an excellent choice for you. This cotton washcloth will make your bathroom look natural and stylish. You can crochet it quickly and easily by spending little time and money. It also keeps your soap safe from wastage. This pattern is gorgeous; it combines two shades of green and brown color to give you excellent look. You can easily make this crochet washcloth without spending much time and money. This towel saves a lot of soap from wastage as it creates a protective barrier in your hands.
- 85 yards worsted weight (#4) cotton yarn
- H (5.0mm) crochet hook or hook to obtain gauge
- Measuring tape
- Tapestry needle
- fsc- chainless foundation single crochet- Tutorial
- ch- chain
- sc- single crochet
- hdc- half double crochet
- st(s)- stitch(es)
- *- repeat from
Simple Crochet Washcloth Pattern:
When it comes to easy crochet patterns that use only a single stitch, you can't go wrong with this simple crocheted washcloth pattern! This project is perfect for beginners because it doesn't require much effort and makes for a lovely home decor item. It also makes an excellent gift for family or friends. This simple crochet washcloth pattern is a great way to make a gift for someone or to make it yourself. It's also a great starter pattern if you're new to crocheting and want something simple but fun. This crochet project also doesn't require a lot of yarn, so it's perfect if you don't have much to work with.
- Lily Sugar ‘N Cream Cotton Yarn or any worsted weight (4) cotton yarn
- Size H 5.00 mm crochet hook
- Yarn needle
- Approximately 7 st’s for every 2″ (inches)
Free Christmas Washcloth Crochet Pattern:
Do you like this free crochet pattern? If yes, then you should start making these washcloths for your friends. You can also use it in the office to keep in the bathroom. These are unique and easy to make, so if you have time, just come up with this project. Make this Christmas Washcloth Crochet Pattern and use it to clean yourself or other people during the holidays. This project is straightforward; you must be familiar with basic crochet stitches such as chain stitch, single crochet, yo, and slip stitch. You can use cotton or acrylic yarn for this pattern, which will come out great!
- 100% Cotton Yarn – Lily Sugar n Cream in Jute, Red, Mod Green and Ecru. (Less than 1 skein each)
- Size J Crochet Hook – 6 mm
- Yarn Needle
- Gauge: 6 Single Crochet, Half Double Crochet Clusters = 4 Inches
- Finished Sizes are 7″ x 7″, 6.5″ x 6.5″ and 5.5″ x 5.5″
- How to Change Color in Crochet Tutorial
Ultra Luxe Washcloths Free Crochet Pattern:
Ultra-Luxe Washcloth Free Crochet Pattern is here to help you get one of the essential items in your home. You can use these lovely crocheted washcloths as a gift for someone who loves to crochet and is also stuck in cold weather. You only have to grab a few things from your closet and give them a new life with this cool crochet pattern. The color and size selection is entirely up to you; choose the one that suits your personality best. The Ultra-Luxe Washcloth has a unique design that makes it perfect for removing lotion, exfoliating, or bathing with soap.
- Size 5.00 mm crochet hook
- #4 Cotton Yarn–1.6oz/80yds
- The Gauge for this crochet project is 16 sts x 12 rows in sc is 4” x 4”. While the gauge isn’t super important for this project, it is still worth checking, even just for practice!
- Chain Stitch – ch – yarn over, pull yarn through stitch on hook.
- Slip Stitch – sl st – Insert hook into stitch or space, yarn over, pull yarn through both loops on hook.
- Single Crochet – sc – Insert hook into stitch or space, yarn over, pull up a loop, (2 loops on hook), yarn over, pull through 2 loops on hook.
- Double Crochet – dc – Yarn over, insert hook into stitch or space, pull up a loop, (3 loops on hook), yarn over, pull through 2 loops, yarn over, pull through remaining loops.
- * * – Designates a repeat.
Summer Squiggles Dishcloth:
Looking for a fun and colorful summer craft that's easy to make? This Crochet Summer Squiggles Dishcloth will make you smile whenever you use it. Whip up several -- they make great hostess gifts! This Crochet Summer Squiggles Dishcloth will be your favorite kitchen helper. Made with worsted yarn, this easy crochet dishcloth pattern works quickly and features a simple decorative border at each end. These clean up your messes in no time, so you can get back to enjoying your perfect day! The perfect crochet dishcloth keeps your dishes clean and dry in the kitchen. Enjoy a happy summer with this fun and easy do-it-yourself project!
- 120 yards Main Color (Color A) – I used Sugar and Cream in Hot Orange and 20 yards to surface stitch(Color B) – I used Sugar and Cream in White.
- G Hook
- St – Stitch
- Ch – Chain
- Sl St – Slip Stitch
- Sc – Single Crochet
- Dc – Double Crochet
Crochet Grit dishcloth is the ultimate in rustic chic! A versatile crochet dishcloth that is great for everyday use and is sturdy enough to withstand the tough task of cleaning dishes. Its simple, yet elegant design makes it the perfect gift for any occasion. This dishcloth is ideal for washing dishes (really), but it could also double as a unique place setting or set of coasters. It is quick, easy, and fun to make these dishcloths. If you are new to crocheting, this pattern will teach you a simple yet effective stitch that can be used for many other items too!
- The gauge for the stitch: for 10 cm (4″) with a 3.5 mm hook: 22 stitches x 18 rows.
- The final dimensions are 24 cm x 22.5 cm ( 9.4 inches x 8.8 inches).
- ch= chain;
- st= stitch;
- sl.st= slip stitch;
- sc= single crochet;
- dc= double crochet;
Suddenly It's Summer Dishcloth:
Crocheting is a perfect way to enjoy the sunshine and show off your favorite colors. Add a little texture and color to your kitchen with the Crochet Suddenly It's Summer Dishcloth. A playful design will brighten up your kitchen decor while helping you do an excellent job at cleanup! This summer crochet dishcloth suddenly makes a great gift for a friend or family member who loves to crochet. This crochet dishcloth is quick and easy to whip up, perfect for a last-minute gift idea or to brighten up your own kitchen! These are great for those who love spring and summer. The best thing about this pattern is that you can make it with any color combination you want!
- Gauge: Not needed (I had about 5 stitches per inch)
- Crochet hook: US size 7 or 4.50 mm crochet hook
- RS: right side
- WS: wrong side
- sc: single crochet
- […]: pattern repeat
This washcloth blanket is a perfect gift for the new Mom and baby! The cozy softness of the cotton yarn makes it easy to care for delicate skin. This crochet Hannah Washcloth is the perfect addition to your bathroom. The cotton yarn combined with the garter stitch in the round makes it super soft and absorbent. The washcloth is a beautiful go-to gift for any mother, aunt, or best friend in your life. Great hostess gift to keep on hand for traveling too!
- Approx. 40-60 yds #4 weight yarn of your choosing depending on size made. If making a washcloth use cotton yarn.
- 5.00 mm hook
- Stitch markers (optional)
- Tapestry needle
- Gauge: 8 sts x 6 rows (3 repeats) = 2”
- Size: Pattern is written for 7” square and 8” square
- fsc – foundation single crochet
- hdc—half double crochet
- sc – single crochet
- N St – N stitch (see special stitches)
- Flo – front loop only
- YO—yarn over
- FO—fasten off
Stained Glass Washcloth:
This lovely crochet washcloth is perfect for keeping your dishes clean and looking great in your kitchen. The exact gauge is not essential, but the finished size will depend on the yarn you use and the meter. Create a washcloth that's truly unique with this crochet-stained glass washcloth pattern. The softness and durability of wool yarn will make this washcloth perfectly suited for daily use. Learn how to crochet a lacy stitch, then use it to create a beautiful stained glass design. Once you're finished your project, see what other fun methods you can start with this stitch!
- Premier Yarns Cotton Fair Bulky – Solid and Print
- Pale Green
- Cherries Jubilee (print)
- 6.0 mm hook -> I used a Furls Crochet Metal Streamline Hook
- use NICKI15 for 15% off
- tapestry needle
- st/sts = stitch/stitches
- ch = chain
- sc = single crochet
- dc = double crochet
- sk = skip
Checked Edge Washcloth:
You'll want an extra one of these washcloths for your bathroom too! The pretty checked edge is created by an exciting technique where double crochet stitches are worked into the first row; then, single crochet stitches are worked into the next. This results in a great texture and a graphic design that makes it look as if you purposefully "choose" to line up your crochet motifs just so. This crochet-checked washcloth is an excellent addition to the kitchen. It will help you in washing, drying, and cleaning.
- Crochet hook – H / 5.00 MM
- Yarn – Med (4) Cotton - Peaches And Cream
- C1 – Mint green - 1.5 oz. C2 - Light Pink – 1.5 oz.
- Yarn Needle
- Chain (ch)
- Single Crochet (sc)
- Change to (chgto)
Drip Stitch Washcloth:
This crochet washcloth is designed to create a knit-look twist. One of your favorite crochet stitches, the drip stitch looks like a knit and gives your washcloths an extra soft feel. Use this helpful item as an accent piece or complete any bathroom. A great crochet washcloth pattern that is easy to make and works up quickly. The drip stitch creates a beautiful texture and adds an extra layer of warmth when held in hand. You can make this crochet washcloth in any color combination or go with something subtle like white or cream colors. It's also an excellent way to use stash yarn that has been sitting around your stash for a while.
- Mainstays 100% Cotton Yarn(approx. 70 yds total)
- CA (approx. 48 yds)
- CB (approx. 22 yds)
- G(Boye 4.25mm) Hook
- SK = Skip
- sts = Stitches
- ST = Stitch
- SL= Slip Stitch
- CH = Chain
- SC = Single Crochet
- HDC = Half Double Crochet
- FLO = Front Loop Only
- BLO = Back Loop Only
- DC = Double Crochet
Mitered Kitchen Towel:
Mitered Kitchen Towel is a quick, easy way to add beauty and efficiency to your kitchen. Its simple block pattern gives you plenty of room for creative embellishment, but the cotton yarn means it won't get frayed or unravel quickly. This project is perfect for any skill level, whether you've crocheted for years or are an absolute beginner. This unique kitchen towel is crafted from the finest cotton terry and features a mitered crochet border. It's weightless yet durable, giving it an elegant and airy appearance. This style is ideal for displaying on counters or in your kitchen cabinet or drawer to hold utensils.
- Medium (4) cotton yarn of your choice.
- You will need approximately
2.5 ounces/ 69 grams/ 125 yards
- Yarn Used
I Love This Cotton in colorway Banana (100% cotton)
- 5 mm (H-8) hook
- Tapestry needle
- Ch – Chain
- Sc – Single Crochet
- Dc – Double Crochet
- LDC – Linked Double Crochet *Special Stitch
- Sl st – Slip Stitch
- Sts – Stitch(es)
- Spc – Space
- (…) – Indicates to work all stitches in the same space.
- (…) – Stitch counts are listed at end of row in ( ) and bold italics.
Sweet Baby Washcloth:
Sweet Baby Washcloth, crocheted by a grandmother. Baby washcloths are a must-have in any nursery, and this crochet sweet baby washcloth is as charming as practical. It features a seed stitch done with a simple hook, so you can easily customize this delicate pattern to fit your baby's bath. This sweet baby washcloth is made of 100% cotton yarn, and the way is a very easy-to-follow one. This would make a wonderful baby shower gift. It is machine washable and dryable, but we recommend hand washing and air drying. The baby washcloth is a lovely accessory for the bath and makes a great companion for a crocheted hat or sweater.
- Hobbii Yarn Baby Cotton Organic Mini – 100% Egyptian Cotton / 105m/114yds / 50g
- 1 ball each in Mint (09), Eucalyptus (10), Light Rose (11) and Cream (02)
- 4mm Crochet Hook
- Yarn needle
- sc single crochet
- dc double crochet
- ch chain
- st stitch
- rep repeat
Your kitchen is going to thank you for this dishcloth. It is perfect for drying dishes and cleaning up countertops. This Crochet Farmhouse Dishcloth is the perfect gift for anyone in your life who wears dish gloves. This handmade crochet dishcloth is practical and functional, and it'll look great hanging on the pantry door when you're not using it. It's also available in several sizes and colors to choose from. Great as a housewarming gift or hostess gift too!
- 1. Worsted weight cotton yarn. I used Lily Sugar ‘n Cream in colors Soft Ecru and Bamboo, and Bernat Handicrafter Cotton DeLux yarn in color Seaspray.
- 2. A 4.5 mm hook.
- 3. Tapestry needle to weave in the ends.
- 6-½ inch square
- ch: chain
- st: stitch
- sc: single crochet
- sl st: slip stitch
- beg: beginning
- YO: yarn over
More Free Crochet Patterns:
- Mermaid Tail Blanket Patterns: Embrace your inner mermaid with our free crochet mermaid tail blanket patterns. Find the perfect design, from simple to intricate, for crocheters of all abilities and create a stunning and cozy blanket.
Free Crochet Monster Patterns: Check out our blog post featuring a selection of free crochet monster patterns for kids, perfect for all skill levels. Craft cute and friendly creatures that your little ones will adore.
Crochet Eye Mask Patterns: Enhance your beauty sleep with our selection of free crochet eye mask patterns. With designs for every skill level, create a comfortable and charming accessory to help you unwind and rest peacefully.
Free Crochet Doll Patterns: Create timeless memories with our collection of free crochet doll patterns. Offering a variety of designs suitable for all skill levels, craft lovable and endearing dolls that will be adored by children and collectors alike.