Bunnies are one of our favorite animals, and there's a reason for that: they're adorable, have funny little personalities, and are so easy to love! Crochet bunnies are no exception, and crocheting them is just as fun. There are many kinds of crochet bunnies—ballerinas, pirates, city workers, even mythical creatures! We love the idea of crochet bunnies in all shapes and sizes. They're cute decorations that can fit into any home or office—and who doesn't love an excuse to have another cute animal around? Whether you're looking for a simple project or something more complicated, we've covered you with all sorts of patterns for crochet bunnies.
Crochet Bunny Patterns:
While it may seem like the key to having a cute, cuddly Easter bunny is giving him a home for the holidays, another critical step is making him a little outfit. Crochet isn't the only way to get crafty with your bunny pattern choices. Other popular options include appliqué and cross-stitch. Whatever you choose, here are 15 patterns to give your new best friend some holiday flair. When you're looking for a little extra cuteness around your house, there's one thing you can always turn to bunnies. They're a perennial favorite, and they're also the stars of a wide variety of crafts. To get you started on your bunny crafting journey, we compiled a list of 15 free crochet bunny patterns—so you'll have plenty of ideas to pick from!
From amigurumi and teddies to baskets and puppets, these 15 Free Crochet Bunny Patterns are sure to bring a smile to your face.
Supplies Needed For Crochet Bunny Patterns
You'll need a few supplies before starting your crochet bunny pattern. Here are the basics:
Crochet hook: You'll need to know what size hook is required by your pattern. Most patterns will tell you the size of the necessary angle, usually written in US terms. If not, check out our Crochet Hook Sizes chart or search online for an equivalent metric measurement.
Yarn: Most patterns call for worsted weight yarn (4 plies). However, some require other threads, such as baby yarn or bulky yarns. If you're unsure about what kind of yarn you should use, then ask someone at your local craft store for advice.
Tapestry needle: A tapestry needle is the best tool for sewing ends and pieces together when making amigurumi projects like these crochet bunny patterns. You'll also want one if you plan on adding a face or details to your project!
You Can Also See:
- Free Crochet Baby Blanket Patterns
- 25 Crochet Jellyfish Patterns For Kids
- Free Crochet Monster Patterns
Crochet Bunny Headband Pattern:
If you are searching for a quick and easy crochet pattern, this bunny headband is perfect! You can make this fun, no-sew headband in any color with just a little yarn. The colors work great as bright springtime colors or super cute pastel colors during the warmer months. This innovative style can be worn by babies, toddlers, and girls, big and small! This is the perfect DIY crochet project for a baby shower. An easy bunny headband crocheted in white and pink materials makes a cute gift for any little girl. It's easy to make, and it's also easy to customize as you like.
- Size 4 worsted weight yarn in choice of colors for bunny and flowers
- 3.5 mm and 5.00 mm crochet hooks (these are the hooks I use and love!)
- Stitch markers
- 1-inch wide headband (directions included below to adjust for a wider or narrower headband)
- MC- Magic circle
- SC- Single crochet
- SC INC- SC increase
- INV DEC- Invisible decrease
- DC- Double crochet
- Sl st- Slip stitch
- CH - Chain
Pretty In Pink Bunny Dress:
This cute bunny dress will look so adorable on your little girl. The dress is made with soft cotton yarn to keep her comfortable, and the pink color makes this dress a perfect choice for Easter. You will need to know how to crochet a chain and single crochet stitches, but it is not too difficult. It can be easily customized by changing the size of the bottom section, or you can use yarn scraps to make your own unique bunny! This free crochet pattern is easily adjustable to fit any size baby, toddler, or adult. Make a springtime basket of flowers to match!
- Yarn: GrannyKit cotton colour BabyPink, Rose & Berry.
- Crochet hook: 2.75 mm
- A pair of crafty scissors
- Tapestry needle & stitch markers
- Tiny fabric button
- ch = chain stitch
- st(s) = stitch(s)
- rnd(s) = round(s)
- yo = yarn over
- lp(s) = loop(s)
Amigurumi Soft Bunny Pattern:
These cute and fun little Bunny Amigurumi Animals are the perfect crochet project to make for children. They are soft and furry, with big floppy ears. The pattern is easy to follow and suitable for beginners or intermediate crocheters. You're about to crochet an adorable soft bunny that can be used as a decoration, toy for kids, or even a tiny bag. You can change the color according to your taste or match your room. This cute bunny is easy to crochet and can be made in many colors.
- growth of the Hare 32 cm.
- yarn Himalaya Dolphin Baby (flow rate of approximately 2.5 skeins)
- Hook № 4
- Bead Eyes
- spout. Yarn YarnArt BABY. Hook № 2
Snuggle Bunny Crochet Pattern:
This crochet pattern is the perfect baby shower gift, which includes instructions for a snuggle bunny with a removable lavender squishy body and white cotton head. This is a simple bunny crochet pattern that is easy to make. It will be a good project for beginners who want to learn new stuff and enhance their skills. You can use these bunnies as pouches and toys for your kids. These bunnies are also suitable for home decorations.
- 1 skein Cascade Swaddle Cotton in White (approx. 120 yards), one skein Cascade 220 in Charcoal Grey (or approx. 5 yards of scrap yarn for the nose)
- K- 6.5 MM crochet hook
- Yarn needle
- Safety Eyes
- Polyester stuffing
- Magic Circle
- CH- Chain
- SC- Single Crochet
- HDC- Half Double Crochet
- HDC-2-TOG – Half Double Crochet Two Together
- DC- Double Crochet
Crochet Bunny Pattern:
This adorable bunny is a great way to introduce your little one to crocheting. You can make this pattern from beginning to end. You will have fun making this bunny. Also, it is excellent for beginners! You don't need a lot of experience to try this cute toy. It is the best for small children and babies! Create this sweet bunny friend for your tiny tots, and enjoy the moments of bonding. The crochet bunny pattern is easy and can be made with cotton yarn. You can replace the color of yarn or make it in different styles.
- 184 yards / 50g Sirdar Crofter DK in Fair Isle effect
- 3.5mm crochet hook
- 25g grey DK yarn
- Sharp scissors
- Yarn needle
- Toy stuffing
- Safety eyes
- Stitch markers
Pocket Bunny Pattern:
This pocket bunny is a crochet bunny pattern that's easy to handle and perfect for your bag or pocket. So if you're looking for an elegant decoration piece, look no further: this project is just what you need. This cute bunny is perfect for cuddling and taking with you everywhere. This is a fun project for all skill levels, from beginner to advanced. The instructions are also straightforward to follow, so you'll be able to have this adorable little bunny on hand in no time!
- 2.75mm hook (I use THESE hooks!);
- Caron Simply Soft in the following colors:
- White and Plum Wine for belly and ears (small amounts). The color you use will depend on the main color of your bun; for example, I used white for the belly with the pink and grey bunnies and pink for the belly with the white bunny;
- Any other color as your main color (I made Pocket Buns in colorways Plum Wine, Grey Heather, and White) (50g);
- 10mm safety eyes (optional – you can also stitch the eyes on using crochet thread);
- Black crochet thread for nose and mouth;
- Tapestry needle.
- Ch – Chain
- St – Stitch
- Sc – Single crochet
- Inc – Increase. Work 2 sc in the same st.
- Dec – Decrease. Work a regular sc decrease.
The bunnies are very popular worldwide, and you can crochet these lovely bunnies to decorate them on your home's wall attractively. They are in beautiful colors like white, beige and black. The best way to welcome spring is by crocheting these adorable bunnies! It's an easy project that can be finished in the afternoon, making it an excellent project for beginners. You only need white, beige, and black yarn – along with a pair of eyes in black or beige yarn or buttons to complete your bunny. It's the perfect addition to any room, especially if you love everything fuzzy!
- Yarn [beige or white medium weight (4) yarn for the body; pink lightweight yarn (3) for the flower]
- 2.00 mm Clover Amour crochet hook and 1.25 mm crochet hook (for the carrot)
- Yarn needle (bent tip helpful for attaching amigurumi parts- see HERE)
- Brown or pink felt (for the feet)
- Patterned fabric (for the lining of the ears)
- 12 mm safety eyes
- Embroidery floss (brown or beige for the nose and to attach felt for the feet; orange and green for the carrot)
- [For new bunny: 9 mm safety eyes, yellow embroidery floss for flower, pink embroidery floss for nose, beige felt for feet]
Ollie Loop’s Spring Bunnies Pattern:
Ollie Loop is a fun-loving character who loves to play. She has no trouble finding fun activities to keep busy because Ollie Loop always keeps a few bonuses at the ready! With her spring bunny, she'll be sure to have double the fun this Easter. If you love the cheerful spring at home, this pattern is perfect! It is a good toy for your children. The beak of the bunny is very special and makes it more special. This is the ideal pattern that takes only a few hours to complete. The energy of this work makes it easy to crochet and use as a gift for your friends.
- G Hook
- Worsted Weight Yarn like Red Heart Super Saver
- Poly-Fil Fiberfill
- Yarn Needle (To pull your ends inside the body)
Ellie the Easter Bunny:
The Easter bunny is pretty cute. And he's fluffy, too! This little guy brightens up any occasion and makes an excellent gift for the young at heart. "Ellie, the Easter Bunny" is a bunny with a sweet face and lovely fur! This little cutie is ready to hop into your seat, and you can always use her as an Easter decoration or toy for your child. From her cute, smiling face to her adorable little bunny ears and colorful Easter-egg basket, your child will love playing with this sweetly crafted bunny. She's a perfect addition to Easter baskets and a great playmate to accompany your child on imaginative adventures.
- Medium weight yarn in desired colors (I used white for the bunny and pink for the bow)
- 2.75mm crochet hook
- 7mm plastic safety eyes (x2)
- Yarn needle
Free amigurumi bunny pattern:
This Crochet amigurumi bunny pattern is the perfect little gift for Easter, baby showers, and more! It is worked in a lovely cotton blend yarn and can be made to fit either a 4 mm hook or (if you would like an even more giant bunny) in an 8 mm hook so it can be used as a toy or decoration. This adorable bunny pattern is easy to crochet, and you can use it as a starting point for other animals by changing the eyes, nose, and ears.
- Yarn: Alize Bella (100% cotton, 50 g/180 m)
- Hook size: 1.75 mm
- 7 mm safety eyes
- Black and white embroidery floss
- Yarn marker
- Sewing needle and scissors
- R = row
- mc = magic circle
- ch = chain
- sc = single crochet
- dc = double crochet
- st = stitch
- sl st = slip stitch
- inc = 2 sc in the next stitch
- dec = single crochet 2 stitches together
- BLO = back loop only
- FLO = front loop only
- F.o. = finish off
- (12) = number of stitches you should have at the end of the round/row
- (…) * 6 = repeat whatever is between the brackets the number of times stated
Spring Bunny Lovey:
It's such a perfect time of year to make this bunny lovey. It's made with a beautiful cotton blend felt that is soft and perfect for the little ones. The pattern includes instructions for making two bunnies, one with big floppy ears and the other with shorter fluffier ears. Crochet your own Spring Bunny Lovey for a sweet little Easter keepsake. This lovely bunny pattern is very detailed and easy to follow, so that you can make it for any newborn or toddler in your life during the spring. It makes a great gift idea!
- 3mm hook or hook size to meet gauge
- 2 pins
- Darning needle & sewing needle
- stitch marker – optional
- Ch- chain / chain (US) St – stitch / stitch (US)
- Slst – slip stitch / slip stitch (US) Tr – treble / double crochet (US)
- Dc – double crochet / single crochet (US) BLO – back loop only
- Htr – half treble / half double (US)
- Dc2tog – decrease / Sc2tog – decrease (US)
The perfect Easter basket! This basket is ideal for taking Easter eggs on an Easter egg hunt, or it can double as home decor. This bright and cheery basket is just what you need to brighten up an Easter basket and make it more exciting. The perfect size for hiding a spring surprise inside, this basket is also great for storing snacks, toys, and more! This soft, squishy basket is excellent for holding all your favorite knick-knacks! The bright color is sure to be a hit with little ones.
- Yarnspirations Bernat Forever Fleece yarn (I only used half a skein (about 140g) in the color Patchouli (which I got from JoAnns))
- 7.0 mm hook -> I used a Furls Crochet Odyssey Hook
- use NICKI15 for 15% off
- tapestry needle
- Optional: 2 x 0.5 inch safety plastic eyes (or using yarn to sew them on)
- black yarn to sew on the mouth and nose
- Optionally: 2 buttons to turn ears into handles
- st/sts = stitch/stitches
- ch = chain
- sc = single crochet
- hdc = half double crochet
- wst = waistcoat stitch
This is a super cute crochet Maisy Bunny Handmade. This bunny is adorable, soft, and cuddly. It will become your child's best friend. Surprise your family and friends with the most lovable Easter friend. This bunny is sure to be a favorite for years to come. Maisey Bunny is a lush, fluffy, sweet bunny, perfect for soft cuddles. The ideal gift for any child, this gorgeous huggable toy will become an instant favorite. Simply gorgeous!
- Yarn: DK weight (category #3) for bunny, size 3 crochet thread for collar and flower
- Hook: US Size D (3.00mm) for bunny, size 6 (1.60mm) for collar and flower
- Chain (ch)
- Slip Stitch (sl st)
- Single Crochet (sc)
- Half Double Crochet (hdc)
Easter Bunny Peeps:
Bunny Peeps are so cute, but knitting them can take a long time. Why not crochet your own? You can make custom designs or follow a pattern to fill in the blanks when you don't have time to think up something new. Making bunny peeps is also great for a kid's craft project. This is perfect for decorating your Easter table, tree, or even a treat jar. These adorable crochet bunnies bring spring right to your home! They are easy and fun to make, too!
- 2/0 (2.00 mm) or US B (2.25 mm) crochet hook
- Stitch markers
- Tapestry Needles
- Polyester Stuffing
- Embroidery Floss DMC 310, 603, 604 and 3806
- 7.5 mm safety eyes
- 10 mm safety nose
- Ch(s) = chain(s)
- Inv Dec = invisible decrease
- Loop(s) = lp(s)
- Mr = magic ring
- Pm = place marker
- Rnd = rounds
- RS = right side
- Sc = single crochet
- Sl st = slip stitch
- Sp(s) = space(s)
- St(s) = stitches
- Yo = yarn over
- * = repeat instructions following the asterisk.
- ( ) = work everything inside the parentheses in the next stitch.
Bixie the Bunny Baby Rattle:
Get your baby a cuddly toy, and help him grow into a successful adult with this Crochet Bixie the Bunny Baby Rattle. This cute bunny rattle is carefully handcrafted and stuffed with premium quality materials to bring out its softness while adding durability to make it highly functional as an infant toy. It makes a delightful sound that can soothe your baby during those long sleepless nights or when he needs a little extra help sleeping through the day. With little ears that wiggle and flop, Bixie the Bunny Baby Rattle will charm little ones with her floppy ears and beaded bunnies. This sweet bunny easily hooks onto car seats, strollers, and high chairs, allowing it to travel with a baby.
- Yarn: You need a small amount of DK yarn in beige and four colors for the stem of the rattle
- 2.75mm crochet hook
- Tapestry needle
- Stitch marker
- Polyfill stuffing
- Embroidery thread: A small amount of black for the eyes and eyelashes, white for the eye glints, and pink for the nose and mouth
- 24 mm Rattle insert
- Sl st: slip stitch
- SC: single crochet
- INV DEC: invisible decrease
- INC: two SC in the same stitch
- Finished size: Approximately 7.5 inches