When you want to give any room a makeover, a few things, like star patterns, can make the decor look more appealing and striking. Stars are the perfect accents for any space and will add a touch of charm to your room. The best part is that you do not need to spend too much to get these lovely stars because these small star patterns can be easily made at home without spending much money or time. The best part about the Crochet Star Patterns is that they don't look complicated, and you can simply adapt the pattern according to your taste. These crochet star patterns can be used as toss pillows, pot holders, bags, wall accents, etc.
Crochet Star Patterns
Below you will find lots of free crochet patterns for stars. From the simplest crochet star patchwork to more complicated ones, you will find them here. With this information, you can create your own pattern for increasing your stitches and making a bigger star! These Crochet Star Patterns are ideal if you want to make a unique decoration for your home, create a gift for someone special, or give it away as an extra special gift. Their size makes them perfect for all uses, and their ease of use means you'll be creating dozens of stars in no time!
Free Crochet Star Patterns
This collection of Crochet Star Patterns for beginners and experienced crafters is sure to please. It starts with an introduction to the basics of crochet star-making, perfect for beginners. Then it shows you how to make stars from various materials such as cotton yarn, embroidery floss, and even ribbon. It includes information on how to adjust your patterns, so they're bigger or smaller, how many points your star should have, how to pick up stitches exactly where you want them, and what decorative stitches work well for a finished look.
Uses And Benefits
Crochet Star Patterns are great for many different projects and uses. These patterns include a variety of sizes, colors, and designs that can be mixed and matched to fit any color scheme or design of your choice. One popular way to use crochet stars is by using them as decorations at the top of pillows and blankets. However, they can be used on almost anything, including wall hangings or clothing accessories such as headbands, bags, necklaces, and more.
Crochet Star Ornament Pattern:
This star ornament looks outstanding with a combo of red and white colors. If you want to change the color, then there are no problems. This free crochet star ornament pattern is easy to crochet. So it would be a good project for beginners who want to try their hand at some patterns for beginners. You will be learning how to work with stripes for hanging them on the Christmas tree. Click below for information on how to make this cute little star ornament using this crochet pattern.
- Worsted weight yarn. I used both cotton and acrylic yarn.
- G size hook
- yarn needle
- puff stitch – *Yarn over, insert hook into ring, yarn over and pull through*. Repeat from * 2 more times. You should have 7 loops on your hook. Yarn over one last time, and pull the hook through all the loops on your hook.
Easy Crochet Star Pattern:
You will find this easy crochet star pattern helpful for you. This pattern is easy to crochet, and this star can be a perfect gift for kids. You must need cotton yarn, and the color selection depends on your choice. There are different changes in this crochet star pattern when you change the red color and the white color; it seems too difficult, but not. The finished size is 11 inches which are big enough to place over a baby crib or any other decorative accessory in the house.
- The pattern uses DK yarn and a 4mm crochet hook. It is written using US crochet terms.
- Sc – single crochet – insert hook into next stitch, yarn over (yo), pull through stitch (st), (2 loops on hook), yo, pull through both loops.
Free Crochet Granny Christmas Tree:
This Christmas tree crochet pattern is a fun project with various small, colorful granny squares. Mixing in buttons and other embellishments allows you to create an original piece while giving it some extra personality. The size of this tree makes it perfect for decorating as a centerpiece in your home or office, but you will love giving it away as a gift to one of your friends or family members. You can choose any color according to your choice and make it faster than before.
- Worsted weight yarn
- Green, 365-375 yards (Vanna’s Choice, 172 Kelly Green in example)
- Scraps of Gold and Brown
- Crochet Hook Size G
- Assorted buttons (a design used Christmas pack of assorted buttons from Hobby Lobby)
- Tapestry needle, sewing thread & needle for sewing on button ornaments
Twinkle Star Pattern:
This twinkle star is perfect for adding a little bit of sparkle to your home. It's also perfect for making a splash at your next event--whether it be a wedding, shower, or birthday party! If you want the stars to glitter when the sun catches them, you can use iridescent thread or sequins from Michaels. The pattern allows you to create your own colors and customize your star. Each section has step-by-step instructions with photos, so even beginners can make it!
- By: AprilDraven
for personal use only
- 3.25mm hook
- Yarn: 100% acrylic worsted 4 ply
- Height: about 8 inches tall
- Ch: chain
- Rnd: round
- Sc: single crochet
- Ss: slip stitch
- FO: Fasten off
Star Ring Rattle Teething Toy:
The Star Ring Rattle Teething Toy is a unique crochet pattern that gives your baby two things they love - rattles and textures! The star-shaped ring makes this toy fun and easy to hold, while the soft cotton yarn adds texture to teething gums. The plastic ring in this pattern adds weight to the toy, ensuring that your baby will not easily drop it. You can crochet this in a very short time. This is a perfect gift for babies or your near ones who are expecting a baby.
- –Red Heart Yarns Scrubby Smoothie (I used Royal and Coral in the one I demonstrated on camera)
- -F-3.75mm Crochet Hook (Find the hook I used in my video tutorial!)
- –Wooden Rings
- –Rattle Inserts
- –Yarn Needle
- Ch(s): chain(s)
- YO: Yarn Over
- St(s): Stitch(es)
- Sl st: slip stitch
- SC: Single Crochet
- HDC: Half Double Crochet
- DC: Double Crochet
- : Single Crochet Decrease
- SC3TOG: Single Crochet 3 Stitches Together
Star Crochet Pattern:
The crochet star pattern is one of the popular patterns for home decor. With this pattern, you can make beautiful crochet stars for decoration. It is a seasonal and festive project that can be made quickly. You can use different colors and shapes as desired. This star has a unique appeal that everyone will like. It is one of the best crochet patterns for beginners. This is a bohemian-style crochet star pattern. It will be a good project if you are a beginner. You have to need cotton yarn.
- I used Milk Cotton yarn (50 gr/ 80 m) and a 4 mm hook. But you can use any yarn.
- CH – chain
- SC – single crochet
- HDC – half double crochet
- DC – double crochet
- TRC – treble crochet
- sl.st. – slip stitch
Free Crochet Starflake:
If you are a crochet fan, you would love to have this gorgeous star. It is simple yet makes your home more attractive. You can place this beautiful star on your wall, on the table, or even in your window frame. This elegant crochet star comes with a color variation at the tutorial's end. You can make different color combinations as per your choice by using different colors of yarns. All you need is cotton yarn and basic crochet knowledge.
- Corresponding hook
- Yarn needle
- Ring to fit finished piece (optional)
Star Trek Coasters:
Star Trek crochet Coasters bring four iconic ships from the original series and Next Generation to your table. Perfectly sized to rest on your coffee table, desk, or nightstand, this set of 4 coasters is as beautiful as it is functional. Use them to protect your tabletops and if guests need a touch screen, simply remove the cork top from the coaster to reveal a conductive silicone base. Whether you're a long-time fan or just starting, enjoy all things Trek with these coasters!
- Dark blue
- Light blue
- Yarn: 4/worsted.
- Hook: H/5mm
- sc: single crochet
- fsc: single foundation crochet
- (): repeat items in parentheses as many times as indicated
- FO: finish off
Smiley Sunshine keychain:
Easy crochet keychain pattern for a little smiley sun! This is the keychain to give to someone who needs a bit more happiness in their life. The pattern includes pictures, stitch abbreviations, and a materials list. Textured, this small sunny yellow keychain knitted sunny crochet sunshine keychain has a cute smiled face with smiley eyes and everything. It's great for kids, moms, teachers, and more. It includes a keyring to make it easy to attach anywhere you like.
- Crochet Hook – I use a 3mm
- Yarn – I use Paintbox 100% Cotton in ‘Buttercup Yellow’ and ‘Mustard Yellow’ from LoveCrafts I also use a little bit of red for the mouth.
- Toy Stuffing
- Darning Needle
- Safety Eyes – I use 6mm or 8mm, which I buy from Amazon
- Keychains –
- Keychain Display Cards – I have these in my Etsy Store as a digital download, so you can print as many as you need
- Single Crochet – sc
- Slip Stitch – sl st
- Chain – ch
- Half Double Crochet – hdc
- Double Crochet – dc
Crochet this charming little star amigurumi. It is perfect for beginners and does a great project for intermediate crocheters as well. The star is an ideal toy for children or a nice decoration for your home or office. A perfect little knitted friend to make and give away! This pattern also includes sections on materials and techniques used in a PDF pattern that is simple enough for beginner crocheters and detailed enough for more advanced ones.
- - Impeccable, Loops and Threads Yarn (worsted weight, acrylic)
- - Polyfil Stuffing
- - 5.0mm Crochet Hook
- - Yarn Needle
- - Stitch Marker
- - Scissors
- Polyfil Stuffing
- Yarn Needle
- Stitch Marker
Stars & Stripes Potholder Set:
These patriotic potholders are a nice addition to your kitchen and are decorative enough to display on a shelf. The American flag design is perfect for summertime, featuring red, white, and blue stars on a white background. These crochet potholders will make your kitchen an American showplace. The crochet pattern works up quickly and creates a smooth sock-like fabric that is durable and soft to the touch.
- Difficulty: Easy
- Crochet Language: American Standard
- Finished Size: 7.5″ x 7.5″
- Yarn: #4 worsted weight, 100% cotton yarn in 4 colors, in the amounts below:
- COLOR A (red): 65 yards. I used I Love This Cotton in “Burnt Sienna”.
- COLOR B (white): 65 yards. I used I Love This Cotton in “White”.
- COLOR C (tan): 105 yards. I used Yarn Bee Pima Suprema in “Bone”.
- COLOR D (blue): 105 yards. I used I Love This Cotton in ‘Dark Denim”.
- Hook: 3.5mm (E)
- Gauge: 18SC x 23 rows = 4″ square
- You’ll also need: Yarn needle
- ST/STS (stitch/stitches)
- SL ST (slip stitch)
- CH (chain)
- SC (single crochet)
Sparkling Winter Star Placemat:
This Sparkling Winter Star Placemat crochet pattern is a festive and fun decoration for the holiday season. Perfect for Christmas, New Year, and Valentine's Day. This placemat would also be a great way to celebrate the winter season with your family at Christmas time. It makes a great gift too! Crochet this sparkly placemat with your favorite colors and yarn thickness. Have fun playing around with this design using different colors and sizes of yarn.
- 4.5 crochet hook for placemat and napkin/utensil pocket
- 3.5 crochet hook for the border of placemat and star
- Body of placemat–1 skein, Aran weight (4) yarn—I used Red Heart Super Saver, Turqua
- Napkin/utensil pocket–a small amount of Aran weight (4) yarn—I used Red Heart Super Saver, Grape Fizz
- Star—small amount of Aran weight (4) yarn—I used Red Heart Super Saver, White
- Border of placemat and star—I used a small amount of Lion Brand Tiffany, which, unfortunately is discontinued. If you use a substitute, experiment with the number of yarns you’re holding. Lion Brand classifies this yarn as a sport weight or 3–which doesn’t seem quite accurate to me. It might be too bulky if you hold a different sport-weight yarn triple! I looked at YarnSub.com and they recommended the following: Trendsetter Yarns, Aura or King Cole, and Moments. The Lion Brand Yarn website recommends using any nylon yarn with a weight of 3 or sport weight.
- Star embellishment—Whatever you like! I used an old earring I found in a vintage shop. You could also use buttons. It looks just fine plain as well.
- DC—double crochet
- FO—finish off
- HDC—half double crochet
- RS—right side
- SC—single crochet
- Sl St—slip stitch
- Tr—triple crochet
Rising Star Blanket:
The Rising Star Blanket is a classic crochet stitch that creates a beautifully textured blanket. The gentle undulation of the stripes provides an eye-catching texture and keeps the blanket looking interesting, even after many washing items. Crochet this quick-to-work-up pattern with bulky yarn, or use two strands of worsted weight yarn together for a lighter version. Work in any color combination you like from our huge selection of premium acrylic yarns.
- Order an all-in-one kit from Lion Brand here.
• Lion Brand Pound of Love (Weight: 4/medium - 1020 yds, 16 oz)
- Color A: White [550-100] – 2 balls (approx. 600 g)• Lion Brand Skein Tones (Weight: 4/medium - 185 yds, 3.5 oz)
- Color B: Peachy [202-184] – 1 ball (approx. 60 g)
- Color C: Honey [202-134] – 1 ball (approx. 60 g)
- Color D: Adobe [202-135] – 1 ball (approx. 60 g)• Tapestry needle
• Size J (6.00 mm) crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge
• Stitch markers or safety pins
Approximately 38 x 38”
14 dc x 8 rows = 4”
- ch – chain
- chsp – chain space
- ch1sp – chain one space
- ch2sp – chain two space
- dc – double crochet
- dc2tog – double crochet two together
- dc3tog – double crochet two together
- rep – repeat
- RS – right side
- rsc – reverse single crochet
- sc – single crochet
- sc3tog - single crochet 3 together
- sk – skip
- slst – slip stitch
- st(s) – stitch(es)
- WS – wrong side
- yo – yarn over
These Christmas stars are the perfect project to keep you busy throughout the holiday season, whether you're knitting with friends or relaxing on your own. Each star is crocheted using a single ball of yarn and comes in various sizes. A beautiful way to decorate your home this Christmas. This is a great beginner project for crocheting Christmas star ornaments you can make with your family and friends.
- - Yarn (color white, green, red);
- - Crochet hook (size 1,25 mm);
- - Fine yarn (gold);
- - Scissors;
- - Needle for fine yarn (gold).
- - Chain - ch
- - Double crochet - dc
- - Slip stitch - sl st
- - Stitch - st
- - Half double crochet - hdc
- - Treble crochet - tr
Little Star Mandala CAL:
This is an easy, fun, and relaxing way for beginner crocheters to try their hand at a simple, pretty shawl. You can make a small or large version of this shawl or combine blocks together to make your own unique design. This simple crochet design makes it thick and warm or drapey and lacy. Follow the detailed photo tutorials in the pattern at each stage of construction. This is a great way to learn new stitches while creating something you’ll love!
- For this model, I have used 25g of cotton yarn called Fiol (50g/169 m) from the Norwegian yarn company Solberg spider.
- Can use any cotton yarn with a similar yarn weight (sport).
- Crochet hook 2.5 mm.
- 28 cm in circumference after blocking.
- MR magic ring
- ch chain
- sl st slip stitch
- sc single crochet
- hdc half double crochet
- dc double crochet
- tr treble crochet
- fptr front post treble crochet
- (…) crochet in the same stitch
- [...] repeat indicated number of times
- *…* repeat across