Minions are hilarious. They're yellow, and they have big, saucer-like eyes. What's not to love about them? With their popularity skyrocketing, it's no surprise that all sorts of merchandise are starting to flood the market. One of the most popular items being produced right now is crochet minion patterns. There are several minion patterns you can easily find and use now! They're cute and fun, and they're going to make your friends who love crochet minions as happy as you do. The following patterns will let you make your little minions in various ways. Try some projects to show off your love of these little guys at home or work!
Free Minion Crochet Patterns
Crocheting the Minions from Despicable Me might be the most challenging thing you do with yarn this year. But that doesn't mean it can't be much fun, too! Whether or not you put on a yellow jumpsuit and join Gru's ranks, these Crochet Minion Patterns are great for many uses—from a cute Halloween prop to a winter-seasonal door wreath. The only problem is choosing which one to make first! These little guys have a lot of personalities, so it's not surprising that so many people love to crochet them!
Reasons To Crochet Minion Patterns
The Minion is a fictional character in the Despicable Me series. Minions are small, yellow henchmen who have existed since the beginning. They were created by Dr. Nefario when he mixed elements of all of the most despicable people in history, such as Napoleon and Hitler. The first Minion was Kevin, and he is now a celebrity.
There are many reasons to crochet minion patterns. Here are just a few:
- They're cute! Who doesn't love a cute little yellow guy?
- You can make them as gifts for friends and family members who like the Minions movies
- They're easy to make and don't take too long to crochet
- You can customize them to your liking with different colored yarns
- They're versatile - you can make them into amigurumi figures, or they can be used as toys (for kids or adults!)
C2C Minion Pillow:
Crochet C2C Minion Pillow is a super soft pillow with the hope it can bring more fun to your life. It's an easy pattern that can be done in one night, perfect for beginners and those who want to start crocheting. This would make a great gift for kids or adults. Make your own Minion pillow with this easy DIY crochet C2C Minion pattern! To finish the project, you only need a few yards of yarn, an H hook, and two strands of worsted-weight yarn. This crochet pattern is a fun DIY project, and the finished crochet is perfect for your kids (to use as a toy, pillow, or just put on their bed). It's made from a soft yarn, which is very comfortable to the touch and squishy!
- Size H crochet hook
- 1 skein of I Love This Cotton yarn in
- Bright Green (if you want a solid green back, you'll need 2 skeins)
- 12″ x 12″ pillow insert
- Yarn needle
Evil Purple Minion:
This crochet Evil Purple Minion is a great addition to your home. It makes a great gift, or get one for yourself and display it on your desk or anywhere in your house (except the bathroom). Meet your new favorite crochet pattern. This guy is just too cute to resist and makes a perfect gift for anyone who loves the Minions. The entire body can be made with basic crochet techniques, so it's perfect for kids or beginners. This wise-cracking, growling Minion is waiting for you to bring him to life. With this easy pattern, you will learn how to single and double crochet in the round!
- Worsted weight yarn: Lavender, black, white, gray, and navy blue.
- E crochet hook
- Polyester fiberfill
- Tapestry needle
Minions Inspired Easter Egg Cosy:
Who is your favorite Minion? Yellow? Blue? We can't decide either! Especially since they are all so cute, with their big eyes and funny personalities. These crochet Minions Inspired Easter Egg Cosies are fun for kids to show off their favorite character at the easter table. They are great for other holidays too, like Halloween and Christmas. This crochet Minions-inspired egg cozy looks adorable on your Easter eggs. It can also be used for other occasions, like Christmas cookies and birthday cakes. This pattern is easy to follow with detailed instructions, color change charts, and a color key.
- DK Yarn (Yellow, white, black, blue, grey)
- 3.5mm crochet hook
- Stitch markers and pins
- Yarn needle
- Sc = Single crochet
- Slip st = Slip stitch
- Sc2tog = single crochet decrease
- ** = a repeating stitch pattern
Minion-inspired finger puppets:
These finger puppets are designed to fit perfectly over your index finger. The 3D characters, inspired by the Despicable Me movies, are made with single cable crochet, which is easy to learn and enables you to make each character in just one evening. Each puppet has a hook at the top so that you can hang them on a cell phone or car vent as decoration! Crochet finger puppets are extremely easy to make, each takes approximately an hour and a half or less, and the finished products are perfect for little hands; they are just the right size for small fingers to grasp their toys!
- – 8ply yarn
- – 4mm hook. I used a 4mm but adjust hook size to either make it smaller or larger depending on finger size.
- – Sewing needle
- – Scissors
- – Felt (You could do this with yarn if you wanted)
Easter egg minions:
Crocheting these minion Easter eggs will make you smile. Each egg is handcrafted, with skin and eye detail that brings these little minions to life! This crochet pattern creates an Easter egg minion in just a few steps. With eyes and eyebrows that are easy to sew, you can create a unique minion that looks just like the one from Despicable Me movies. This is a crochet pattern for your own minions' Easter egg! These little guys are cute and great for making Easter extra fun.
- Sport weight yarn in yellow, blue, black, white, and grey
- Crochet hook size D/3.25 mm
- Fiberfill or yarn scraps for filling
- Black beads for eyes
- Stitch marker
- Thread and needle to sew
- As always, I have used standard American terms
- ch - chain
- sl st- slip stitch
- sc - single crochet (UK - double crochet)
- sc2tog - sc decrease
Your little one will love this Crochet Minion Mini. This soft toy is perfect for taking along with you to bed or just putting on their lap as they play. The cute face and handmade nature mean your child will treasure it forever. This little guy loves nothing more than finding a place to sit down and take a break. He'll make the trip to the world's most popular theme parks or hang out with you at home, his legs crossed and his eyes half-shut. This Mini Minion is a perfect companion for your home or office, with its own little attitude! He is the all-time favorite character who has made his way through nations and countries.
- Small amounts of crochet cotton in yellow, blue, black, and grey;
- Felt in black and white;
- Tapestry and sewing needles;
- Black sewing thread;
- Polyester stuffing; and
- A keyring (optional).
Pocket Pal Minion:
Show your love of the Minions with our little Pocket Pal. This sweet guy is just the right size to keep you company on your journeys. Crochet in Creamy, light blue, or pastel yellow yarn, and then stuff him with polyfill and let him sit on your desk or shelf! This crocheted pocket pal minion is a great place to stick your keys, money, or other essentials you need to keep safe! The Pocket Pal minion can be kept in a bag or backpack easily. Crochet this amigurumi Minion model anytime with our free printable crochet pattern.
- Worsted weight yarn in yellow, blue, and small amounts of black, white, and gray.
- Used here: Red Heart with Love, Daffodil and Caron One Pound, Royalty
- Polyester Fiberfill or yarn scraps for stuffing
- Crochet hook size F – 3.75mm
- Yarn needle for weaving in ends
- *Optional – Plastic lobster clasp
- rnd, rnds – round, rounds
- st, sts – stitch, stitches
- sc – single crochet
- inc – increase, working 2 sts into same st
- dc bobble – double crochet bobble; In this pattern, dc bobble is done in part yellow, part black. It should be done so that all remaining loops on the hook are black (for the hand).
- See pictures below for more details.
Minion Granny Square:
Crochet this fun Minion Granny Square for those who love to watch the Despicable Me movie and play with the little Minions. Make this Granny Square a special blanket or pillow for your little one. This easy-to-crochet Minion Granny Square takes only a few minutes if you get hooked on crocheting these cute little characters. Add this crochet pattern to your collection of crochet patterns, décor items, and more! This Minion Granny Square is perfect for hanging on a doorknob or using it as a plushy. The picture instructions are easy to follow, and the finished product will look just like the picture!
- – Worsted Weight Yarn in yellow, blue, white, gray, and background color (I used cream)
- – Size H crochet hook
- – Small black button
- – Tapestry needle
- Magic Ring Tutorial
- SC = Single Crochet
- HDC = Half Double Crochet
- DC = Double Crochet
alf and Half Minion Hat:
This minion beanie is perfect for the cold weather out there. And it looks nice too. This pattern has two parts: half of the hat is winter white, and the other half is slouchy, making it look like two hats in one! It is a surefire way to keep warm while showing your love for the Minions. Crocheted from soft acrylic yarn and lined with polar fleece, this beanie is perfect for keeping your head toasty all winter!
- I hook (feel free to use a larger or smaller hook to change the size of the beanie).
- worsted weight yarn in light purple (a), bright yellow (b), black, blue, brown, medium purple, white, and gray.
- Tapestry Needle
- ch- chain
- dc- double crochet
- hdc- half double crochet
- sc- single crochet
- sl st- slip stitch
- tc- triple crochet
Minion Pencil Case:
This Minion Pencil Case is just too adorable! It has a zipper closure to keep your pencils, pens, makeup brushes, and other school supplies neatly tucked away. The easy-to-clean material allows you to have this bag at school or work without worrying about spills, stains, and messes. Minions are back and cuter than ever! This pencil case is the perfect accessory for all the little minions in your life. You'll love making this adorable crochet minion pencil case and giving it as a gift to any kid who loves these funny little guys!
- Yarn: Any worsted weight yarn/Loops & thread Impeccable/Red Heart Super Saver
- Colors: Blue, Yellow, Black, White, Grey
- Hook: H/5.0MM
- Tapestry Needle
- Craft Scissors
- Poly-Fil or stragglers for stuffing the eyes
- 2 Black Buttons
- ST: Stitch
- CH: Chain
- SC: Single Crochet
- SL St: Slip Stitch
- HK: Hook
- SP: Space
- SPS: Spaces
- RPT: Repeat
- RND: Round
- BLO: Back Loop Only
- HDC: Half Double Crochet
FHDC Foundation Half Double Crochet
You'll be the A-lister of Despicable Me! Crochet this hat and take your Minion love to the next level. Crochet Minion character hat is designed in top quality, durable, and super soft acrylic yarn. This handmade hat will keep your little one warm and cozy in the year's colder months. Perfect for winter holiday celebrations! This Crochet Minion hat will keep your kids warm this winter. Perfect for their favorite movie character and sure to be a hit with everyone! Made with 100% Acrylic Yarn and comes in baby sizes only (0-3M).
- H and F hook
- Red heart Medium Weight Black, Yellow, Blue, White, and Brown yarn
- sl st=slip stitch
- sc=single crochet
- dc=double crochet
- dc2tog=double crochet 2 together
- hdc=half double crochet
Minion Inspired Baby Booties:
Designed to be the most comfortable baby shoes, these Minion-inspired booties are sure to keep your little one's feet warm and dry. The unique sole design protects your nursery or crawling spaces from tears and drool. These booties are perfect for a baby's first winter. They will keep your sweet little one's toes warm while keeping their style in check with the Minion-inspired design. This pattern is easy to follow, with a detailed written pattern and photos included along the way.
- 3.50mm (E) Crochet Hook
Yarn – Paintbox Yarns Cotton DK
2 Black Buttons (0.4″)
- 0 – 6 month old
- Sole Length, 9cm
This Crochet Minion Stuart is a great way to add a little fun to your day. He's quick and easy to make and can be used as decoration for children's rooms, in craft projects, or as a gift for someone special. The Crochet Minion Stuart features a crochet wool body, plastic eyes, and an open mouth and is wearing an eye patch. This beloved sidekick won't talk back; hang out with you in the home or office. Match your favorite Minion Stuart in the Crochet Minion Stuart! He's a bit wooly, but don't worry; he still has all the same features as his movie counterpart.
- – Blue and grey yarn (I used Anne by Circulo, which is a Fingering / 4 ply (14 wpi));
- – Black Yarn (I used Anne by Circulo, which is a Fingering / 4 ply (14 wpi));
- – Yellow yarn (I used D’Primera by Cisne, which is a Worsted / 10 ply (9 wpi));
- – Red Yarn (I used Anne by Circulo, which is a Fingering / 4 ply (14 wpi));
- – 4mm and 1.75mm crochet hooks;
- – Fiberfill;
- – Tapestry needle and scissors;
- – White felt;
- – Brown, light brown, black and white fabric paint and a paint-brush;
- – Transparent plastic (to make the lens of his goggles);
- – Contact glue;
- – Galvanized soft wire.
Crochet Minion Lue is a must-have accessory for any fan of the Minions films. Each crochet Minion comes with their own personality, making this the perfect gift for any fan of the adorable Minions! Everyone's favorite character from Despicable Me has arrived in an adorable crochet version! This Minion is worked from the top down and features a pointy hat, checkered body, eyes, different colored buttons for his nipples, and a big mouth that's opened wide. This Minion is so cute! The perfect gift for any little one.
- Yarn: Yarn that is about 100m per 50 grams. Falk, Smart, or double baby wool or something like that. As for the gray ring around the eyes, I use single-thread baby wool.
- Yarn consumption: I use just over a skein of yellow, a quarter of a skein of black, a bit of blue, a bit of white, a bit of brown, and a bit of grey.
- Crochet hook
- : no
- . , 58-60 cm
- ch – chain stitch
- sl st - chain stitch
- sc - double crochet
- hst - half double crochet dc - double
Minion Christmas Sock/Stocking:
Crocheting the Minion Sock is an easy project, and you'll have a lot of fun making it. This sock can be customized for any little one in your family or as a gift for anyone who loves the Minions. This crochet minion stocking is a fun holiday gift to brighten up any space. It makes an adorable stocking that can be personalized or filled with fun little items. This crochet doll is perfect for stocking stuffers this Christmas! This adorable Minion is the perfect gift for any fan of the Despicable Me series.
- yellow, blue, black, and white yarn (I used Hayfield Bonus DK)
- 5 mm hook
- tapestry needle
- ch= chain
- sc= single crochet (US term); double crochet (dc, UK term)
- st= stitch(es)
- hdc= half double crochet: half treble crochet (htr, UK term)
- dc= double crochet; treble crochet (tr, UK term)
- In my patterns, UK terms are always in brackets.