Are you looking for a great collection of crochet Christmas ornaments patterns? This collection is a wonderful resource for all skill levels, from novice to expert. Crocheting Christmas ornaments is a great way to get in the holiday spirit. These cute crochet Christmas ornaments are perfect for holiday decorating, gifts, and more! Crochet some of these adorable little Christmas ornaments and decorate your tree. These are all so easy to make, and you can customize them with any color your heart desires. These ornaments will add a touch of sparkle and color to your Christmas decorating. The best part: they are made with yarn you probably already have in your stash!
Easy Crochet Christmas Ornaments
Creating and making gifts for those closest to you is the most fun part of the holiday season. Crochet Christmas ornaments are a great way to bring some personal style to your home and make a thoughtful gift for family and friends. These 15 patterns are easy to make, and they'll bring some cheer to your tree, windowsill, and more. Start by making a classic granny square that can be used for several projects (ornaments, headbands, coasters) in any color combination you can dream up. As you crochet through the free pattern below, you'll learn to make different stitches like the cluster stitch, foundation double crochet stitch, and popcorn stitch.
Benefits Of Crocheting Christmas Ornaments Patterns
Crocheting Christmas ornaments patterns is a great way to keep yourself busy during the holiday season. You can make them for your family and friends and charity. You can choose from hundreds of designs, including cute animals and characters, snowflakes, snowmen, and even Santa Claus.
Here are some benefits of crocheting Christmas ornaments:
- They're easy to make. You don't need special equipment or skills to make these beautiful art pieces. They only require a few simple stitches that you can learn in no time!
- They're personalized and unique. Even though you'll find many similar patterns on the internet and in books, each one will be different because every person has their style for crocheting them!
- They're fun projects for beginners! This is an excellent way for beginners to learn basic stitches before attempting more complicated designs like hats or scarves!
Quick and Easy Round Christmas Ornaments:
Crochet these easy and fun round Christmas ornaments to hang on your tree or use as table decorations! These are great for last-minute holiday gifts, too. Create these adorable Christmas ornaments in no time with only a few quick stitches. Perfect for using leftover yarn and adding a little holiday cheer to your tree this season, these crochet ornaments are sure to become treasured keepsakes! Clear instructions and links show you how to make a wide range of simple shapes inspired by traditional Christmas garland designs.
- Small amounts of worsted weight yarn in 2 – 3 colors. Models are shown in Scheepjes Cahlista (Lovecraft's link)
- Crochet hook size F/5/3.75mm or size needed for a firm fabric
- Pool noodle and knife you don't care about, or polyfill stuffing
- Long tr – extended treble: yo 2 times, insert hook in sc in and below, yo, draw up a loop, (yo, draw through 2 loops on hook) 3 times.
Old World Christmas Baubles:
Crochet your family a Christmas bauble to hang on the tree, or what about a bunch of them grouped? This collection is filled with gorgeous crochet baubles to keep you busy this Christmas. Each one has been designed with care and thought for you to make your own special version. What could be nicer than a homemade bauble that becomes a treasured keepsake? The free crochet pattern uses double crochet stitches to create a textured design. You can make a few of them or all twelve, but if you are making them for tree decorations, it's best to work in multiples of three so that you have three balls hanging down from the top of the tree without anything getting in the way.
- Main colour 1 skein Hobby Lobby I Love This Yarn in Ivory #20 (100% acrylic, 7 oz/199 g, 355 yds/325 m)
- Contrast color 1 ball Berlini Memento ribbon in Fall Herbs #113 (100% nylon, 1.75 oz/ 50 g, 88 yds/ 80 m)
- E/4-3.50 mm hook MY FAVORITE HOO
- Yarn needle
- 2 ½” plastic ball ornament
- Wooden bead
- dc-double crochet
- sl st-slip stitch
- sc-single crochet
- beg CL-beginning cluster
Christmas Wreath Ornament:
This is a perfect addition to your Christmas decor! You can hang it on your Christmas tree or place it on top of a gift. It's also a great way to show off your crochet skills! Add whimsy to your Christmas decor with this handmade crochet holiday ornament. It works up quickly for last-minute gifts and would look beautiful hung on a tree or as part of your holiday wreath. This easy-to-make crochet Christmas wreath ornament is perfect for your tree or any other decoration you may want to use it for.
- Yarn (green and red)
- Yarn: 4/worsted
- Hook: H/5mm
- SC: single crochet
- CH: chain
- SLST: slipstitch
- ST: stitch
- HDC: half double crochet
- (): Repeat items in parentheses as many times as indicated
- 3hdc-inc: Place three HDC in a single stitch
Little Christmas Presents:
These sweet little crochet Christmas presents can be used for decoration or as gifts for others. They are a great way to practice your crocheting skills, and there is something for every skill level, from beginner to advanced! This is a perfect size and looks like a little Christmas present. These little Christmas presents will bring the joy and magic of Christmas to your kids. Whether for the holidays or any other time of year, these toys will ensure that a smile is forever glued to their faces. It's even easy enough for children to do, so you can let your kids make a few creations too!
- 3.5 mm (E/4 USA, 9 UK) Crochet Hook
- Aran (4, Medium) Weight Yarn in 2 Contrasting Colors (A and B)
- One Stitch Marker (to work in the round)
- Poly-Fil or Cotton Stuffing
- Tapestry Needle
- BLO – Back Loop Only
- Ch – Chain
- FLO – Front Loop Only
- Inc – Increase
- MC – Magic Circle
- RS – Right Side
- Sc – Single Crochet
- Sc3tog – Single Crochet 3 Together
- Sl St – Slip Stitch
- St – Stitch
- Third-Loop Sc – Third Loop Single Crochet
- WS – Wrong Side
- Yo – Yarn Over
Round Christmas Ornaments:
Easy to make, these crocheted ornaments are quick to complete in the evenings while watching your favorite television shows. Add a string of lights between the concentric circles, and you have an eye-catching tree ornament that will be perfect for Christmas. These handmade crochet round Christmas ornaments have a little bit of everything — wool, cotton, and acrylic yarns, as well as plastic beads and buttons. These would make great gifts for friends and family or could be used to decorate a Christmas tree. It's easy to make beautiful round ornaments with this kit.
- Knitpicks Brava 500, 100% Premium Acrylic 1090 yds (997 m) 18 oz (500 g) worsted weight (4) in Red.
- Knitpicks Brava 100% Premium Acrylic 218 yds (199 m), 3.5 oz (100g) worsted weight (4) in White.
- Big Twist Value 100% Acrylic 380 yds (347 m), 6 oz (170 g) worsted weight (4) in Emerald Green.
- Hook 4 mm (G)
- Tapestry Needle
- Tape Measure
- 2.9” Styrofoam ball
- Ch - chain
- Sc - single crochet
- Dc - double crochet
- ch-sp(s) - chain space(s)
- Sl st - slip stitch
- Sk - skip
- Rep -repeat
- lp(s) - loop(s)
Favorite Christmas Ornament 2021:
Crochet Favourite Christmas Ornament 2021 is a way to always keep your favorite crochet projects with you. This delightful handmade ornament has intricate details, such as tiny stars and snowflakes! Crochet this adorable Christmas ornament and incorporate your favorite things, like a color or pattern from a scarf or other top. It will look perfect hanging in your home, just waiting for the holiday season! The crochet favorite Christmas ornament is a unique and wonderful handmade design. The perfect ornament to keep you warm when the cold weather comes. It's a must-have craft product that can be incorporated into any pastime or gift idea.
- 2.5 mm crochet hook
- Yarn Needle
- Stitch Markers
The Granny Tree:
This beautiful little tree is the perfect decoration for your home this holiday season. It only takes an hour to work up and uses just crochet basics, making it a quick project you can make while watching your favorite holiday movies. Once you master the techniques needed to create this tree, you can use it as a base for other decorations or add more colors to create even more fun themes! This crochet kit is the perfect project for any new hobbyist or even a seasoned crocheter. It is easy to complete and will take less than a week! This project is also great to help pass along wisdom and experience and be a little sentimental piece to have.
- small amounts of DK yarns can be variegated, metallic, or traditional yarns.
- 4mm hook
- scissors/yarn needle
- blocking board/pins/white glue or stiffening glue/brush/bowl
A beautiful crochet snowflake pattern for those who love to color their crochet projects. This lovely handmade crochet snowflake makes a great decoration for the holidays or any time of year as a table-top centerpiece, wreath, or wall hanging. This crochet pattern was designed to create a lovely and festive snowflake, perfect for hanging on a Christmas Tree or adding an embellishment to a wreath! This pattern includes step-by-step instructions with photos, additional notes, and helpful tips. This project is perfect for beginners but also a fun way to spend your free time. You can even use the leftovers you have in your yarn stash!
- yarn: 100% cotton thread – I used an unpopular Polish one, but something like Scheepjes Maxi Sugar Rush should be ok, too!
- crochet hook 1.5 mm
- chain (ch)
- single crochet (sc)
- half double crochet (hdc)
- double crochet (dc)
- treble crochet (tr)
- slip stitch (sl st)
- picot (4-ch) – work 4 chain stitches and make a slip stitch in the first stitch, forming a little loop.
Christmas Ball Ornament:
Bring a little holiday cheer to your tree with these handmade crochet Christmas ball ornaments. Made from cotton yarn, they have a flat back and a gold string for hanging. This crochet ornament is a great way to decorate your tree, especially if you prefer more natural decorations. You can make this very easy crochet pattern in an evening or two. You can hang it on a branch or string it up with some wire for a mobile effect. The crocheted Christmas ball ornament is a beautiful handmade decoration that you can make yourself. It's easy to make and will look great hanging on your Christmas tree, especially if it's one of a kind! This crochet pattern is easy to work on and perfect for beginners!
- Sport or DK light, you can do in one color or more colors. For one color ball, we need in total of 65gr/2.29oz, 85mtr/3.346inc-93yds.
- o Gauge: 24sts x 32rows : 10cm x 10cm/4' x 4'
- Hook: metric3.5mm, US E /4, UK9
- 1 bead
- 1 crochet stitch marker
- A pair of scissors
- sew yarn needle
- Rnd : round
- sc : single crochet
- ch : chain
- st (s) : stitch (stitches)
- dec : invisible decrease – 2 sc together
- Inc: increase, 2sts together in the same stitch
Christmas Wreath ornament:
This crochet Christmas wreath ornament is the perfect addition to your holiday decorations. It is an easy craft for beginners, with more advanced patterns for experienced crocheters. Make your holiday introduction with a crochet Christmas wreath ornament. This fun and easy crochet pattern have instructions for three sizes of ornaments, so you can design a wreath to fit any size tree. Not only will it add beauty and warmth to your living area, but it may also serve as an achievement award for anyone who decorates their walls with snowflakes. Add this piece of art to your collection today!
- <> Crochet hook 4 mm (US G7) or 4.5 mm (US 7)
- <> Red and Green Yarn – Bernat, Christmas, Happy Holidays (4) –98% acrylic, 2% metallic thread.
- <> White – Caron Simply Soft (4) – 100% acrylic
- <> Hair elastic band, plastic or metal ring.
- ch – chain
- sc – single crochet
- st – stitch
- sl st – slip stitch
- dc – double crochet
- hdc – half double crochet
Christmas Pudding Ornament:
This easy and festive Pudding Ornament is sure to be a family favorite! Crochet this for your tree this year and use it year after year. If you're feeling inspired, why not make a few nice gifts for friends? Cozy up this holiday season with this crochet Christmas pudding ornament. Inspired by the classic British treat made from suet, raisins, and other ingredients, this fun crochet project creates a 'pudding' style ornament in fun colors to add a touch of festive fun to your tree. This sweet set of crochet holiday ornaments is designed to match our adorable Christmas Pudding! Each ornament comes with instructions for making the whole family.
- DK Weight Yarn in dark brown, white, green, and red (I used Paintbox Yarns Cotton DK in Coffee Bean, Paper White, Evergreen, and Pillar Red)
- 2.5mm crochet hook
- 8mm safety eyes
- Polyester fiberfill
- Yarn/twine for hanging
- Stitch marker, yarn needle, scissors
- ch – chain
- sc – single crochet
- inc – increase
- invdec – invisible decrease
- hdc – half double crochet
- dc – double crochet
- tr – treble crochet
- sl st – slip stitch
- st/s – sticth/es
- […] – repeat the instructions in brackets
- (…) – indicates stitch count at end of round
Crossed Diamond Bauble:
Crochet Crossed Diamond Bauble is a glamorous take on the traditional afghan square, with textural details that elevate the familiar cross stitch pattern. The diamonds make the perfect gift for someone special! This crochet cross diamond bauble is a must-have this Christmas, hang it up and let the light shine on it. It is perfect for any of your family or friends' Christmas trees. This little cross-diamond design is a simple, modern take on traditional lace motifs. The crochet pattern comes in two sizes and can be used as a pendant, ornament, or for other decorative projects!
- Any #4/Medium/Worsted weight yarn in two colors.
- The amounts given here are for WeCrochet Brava Worsted (218yds/199m per 100g skein; Weight: #4/Medium/Worsted; 100% Acrylic)
- Per Bauble: Approx. 50 yds / 45m of each color.
- Hook: 4mm (G-6) crochet hook (or hook required to meet gauge – see Colorwork Notes below).
- Yarn needle
- Stitch marker
- ch = chain
- st = stitch
- sl st = slip stitch
- blo = back loop only
- sc2tog = single crochet two together (see Special Stitches)
- beg = beginning
- rem = remaining
- C1 = Color 1
- C2 = Color 2
Christmas Bell Ornaments:
Christmas Bell ornaments! These crochet Christmas bell ornaments add a cheerful touch to your holiday decor. Make some for yourself and give them as gifts, too! Beautiful crochet bells make a wonderful addition to your holiday décor. These intricately detailed little ornaments are fun to make, and the pattern will give you the perfect instructions for creating your own unique Christmas Bell Ornament! These easy crochet Christmas bell ornaments are a fun project for the novice crafter. Try these out with your favorite yarns, and impress your friends and family!
4 Ply Cotton Knitting Yarn
- 4 mm Crochet Hook
- Decorative Bell or Beads
Robin Bauble Christmas Ornament:
This Robin-shaped Christmas bauble is a great addition to your Christmas tree and will make for the perfect gift for bird lovers. They are quick and easy to make and don't require any crochet knowledge – this makes them ideal for beginners! This crochet robin ornament is handmade in various colors and is great for the Christmas tree or gift. This wonderful crochet decoration is a stunning addition to any Christmas tree, mantle piece, or surface. Add a little extra cheer to your Christmas decor with this hand-crocheted Robin ornament. This vintage-style bird will make the perfect addition to your seasonal décor or could be used as a gift tag or package decoration.
- Any category 3 / light / DK / 8 ply / light worsted yarn in red, yellow, brown, cream and black.
- 5.5 mm hook
- 2.2″ in diameter / 7.1″ in circumference bauble
- Measuring tape
- ch: chain
- dc: double crochet
- rep: repeat
- sc: single crochet
- sl: slip
- sliding loop: magic loop, magic circle, adjustable loop, magic ring, adjustable ring, drawstring ring
- st: stitch
- t: turn
Christmas Tree Ornament:
This crochet Christmas tree ornament is a beautiful way to add a sentimental touch to your home. A delicate piece of crochet work in the shape of a Christmas tree, it is a thoughtful gift idea for someone who loves crafting or crochet. This crochet Christmas Tree Ornament is a beautiful way to add color to your holiday decor. These adorable crochet Christmas tree ornaments are a great way to add some classic charm to your home at Christmas time. You can hang them on a tree or the mantel or give them as gifts. Each ornament is made of 100% acrylic yarn and has a button top that makes it easy to display.
- I use Caron Simply Soft yarn (colors red, green, and white). Yarn size is medium 4.
- Crochet hook 3.75 mm, and you will also need a fine hook (1-1.25 mm) to attach the beads.
- I use 9 seed beads size 2/0 available to purchase.
- Stitch marker will help add beads.
- ch = chain sl st = slip stitch
You can also see: Crochet Leaf Patterns